Sign in to follow this  
LooseCannon

Cosmos S side fan Destroyed!?

LooseCannon    0

I have been running the cosmosS for about 5 months now.It is a great case......... The other night i was gaming when all of a sudden there was a huge bang followed by what can only be described as ball bearings being rattled in a tin can coming from the CosmosS....My first reaction was to shut down quickly (holding the power button down for 4 seconds ) which seemed like an eternity at the time!(the PSU switch was not easily accessable)

Opening the case revealed that the 230mm side panel fan had shed two of its blades and decided to throw them around the inside of the case! Well luckily for me (i guess?) there was no damage to other components.

There is absolutely no apparent reason as to why this happened there is no hardware or wiring even close to this fan.. and its been running great for the last few months.

I've emailed Coolermaster to see what they say , so i guess i will find out how good their support is ?!

Has anyone ever had this happen and can anyone advise me the best way to approach suppoprt for the best results ?

Thanks

areghas    0

I had the exact same problem. Sent them an email a weeka go and havent heard a single thing about getting a replacement. I wish you luck.

LooseCannon    0

Great :roll: I hope this is not going to be a "we will ignore you and hope you go away/Your problem is too small to warrant our attention" type thing that some companies seem to adopt.

Well i have not dealt with Coolermaster before so i will wait and see how they handle it before i presume.

Zenphic    0

Yeah, some other forum users have experienced the same thing.

I suggest you bump your topic weekly (during weekdays) if there is no response. Cheers!

BTW, post your topic in the European or North American customer support sections!

areghas    0

No word after two weeks, what terrible customer support. So many people are having problems with this case, this will be the last I ever buy from CM.

Hi Guys,

I already air ship a large amount of fans to replace for everyone. For future protection, i've discussed with HQ they're going to provide fan guard to prevent the blades from breaking off.

HQ is going to air ship latest end of this week and we should get some next week. I will come back with update for you soon.

nothing more scary than the prop of a airplane flying off and hoping it don't come inside the cab. LOL Glad to see CM moving forward on the issue and has acknowledged it. You mean the Fan Guard to prevent the Blades from taking out other components right? I haven't seen one of these fans,but it is one-piece construction? To have the Blades break off when the bearings lock up from not hitting something isn't gonna be solved with a fan guard thats for sure.

areghas    0

so how do we go about getting these replaced? PM you our shipping information or do we have to mail in the destroyed side panel first?

You don't need to send us the damaged parts. Just take a simple picture and we'll replace it for you.

We're also going to send you the fan guard (image below) to prevent this from happening again.

post-136-1388042195457_thumb.jpg