Sign in to follow this  
NMD

Cosmos-S Issues(cant get response from CM)

NMD    0

Hi, I submitted this ticked with CM Support over 2 weeks ago and they haven't even sent me a msg to acknowledge they are working on some answers for me so I am posting it here.

Product Info:

Product Line : Chassis

Product Model: RC-1100

Product Name : COSMOS S

System Confiquration:

CPU Brand : INTEL

CPU Model : E6850

MB Brand : ASUS

MB Model : Striker Extreme

VGA Brand : NVIDIA

VGA Model : 8800GTX

Memory Brand : Mushkin

Memory Model : Muskin XP2-6400(996523) 2x1GB

HDD Brand : Western Digital

HDD Model : Raptor 150GB

PSU : Thermaltake Toughpower 750 W

Question :

Hello, I have tried to locate the fan holder/duct[RA-1000-FBN1-GP] for the lower mount but have been unable to do so. Where can I purchase one? I also need to purchase a "4 in 3 module" and have not been able to find one.

I recently purchased the Cosmos S case as well as a replacement for my broken CPU cooler. Not realizing that my cooler is too tall for the side fan on the case. New cooler is the OCZ Vendetta 2.

I realize you have already answered this question I would like to inquire about a few things.

I have been told that some sort of revised side door soon be available for this issue. Is this true and how do I get one?

Since I am unable to use the side fan I am seriously under equipped for airflow.

What would you recommend?

Replacing/Adding fans?

What sort of CFM? and Placement?

Any information you could provide would be of great help

I have just slapped a few mixed 120mm fans in there for now to at least keep some air moving. I put a 1200rpm, unknown cfm in the bottom(with out the holder/duct thing).And one 800rmp 40 cfm fan next to the stock fan in the top.

giblet    0

I would call them. Email support seems to go into a hole, and posting here will get someone to forward your request after a week or so... into a hole. They do seem to answer the phone quickly though, so that is likely your best option.

Codyk    0

I am also looking where to get the fan holder/duct for the Cosmos S and the 2 additional rails for the Aquagate Max, that I need for my system too.

NMD    0
I would call them. Email support seems to go into a hole, and posting here will get someone to forward your request after a week or so... into a hole. They do seem to answer the phone quickly though, so that is likely your best option.

Good idea. Only problem is that I work until 7pm every night. I have time to post on forums at work but not to make phone calls. I guess I will have to make sometime on my day off or something. This is the technology age damint!!! I shouldn't have to have real human interaction anymore, LOL!!

I am also looking where to get the fan holder/duct for the Cosmos S and the 2 additional rails for the Aquagate Max, that I need for my system too.

I did find the duct on some .jp website but it would have cost 3 times the price to ship it here. I am not gonna pay $30 and wait 4-6 weeks for a $7 part.

Over50    0

Same with me trying to get the broken latch replaced on the hinged drive bay blank retainer panel - and yes I'm aware of the alleged "revision" CM was supposed to have available in May - but still nothing going into the 2nd week of June.

Emailing is useless - no response

Calling Custormer Support is useless - continuous voice prompt to call back later or leave a voice message for a reply "at the convenience of the customer support rep".

Had I known it is impossible to speak to anyone at CM to resolve a problem - let alone register the case - I would have looked elsewhere.

Maybe the California BBB should be my next stop...

NMD    0

Yea, this is no fun.

Still have not heard back from CM.You think they could at least respond. I did just buy a $250 PC case from them. Was thinking about going to liquid setup. I know now I wont be using any CM products.

I have searched the net looking for parts.

I have found several sites selling a 4 in 3 but I don't like to buy from sites that I don't know. Newegg has an ETA for the 17th this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817993002 but the one I think I need has no ETA http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999169

I have 4x500GB HDDs waiting for a home!!! Anyone know of any other HDD racks that will work?

I also still have a lack of air flow and don't know what to do. Obviously moving more air means more/better fans but I don't know what to do bc the side fan is gone.

Example: Should I fill all the fan slots with 90cfm fans? Or bc of the major loss of intake from the absence of the side fan do I need a balance of differnt fans, maybe I only need to use 2 of the top slots?

The point is I have NO IDEA what to do here. And CM won't even acknowledge that I am trying to contact them.

NMD    0
There has been a Delay in service due to relocation, so I hope your problems will be resolved soon.

Yea, That might make me fell better if I hadn't been try to get help 2 weeks before your BS excuse is dated(June 9th).

When I had trouble with my Raidmax case the replacement parts were shipped to me before I even received the email back from them. And the parts and shipping were completely free!!!!

It's w/e tho, I'm sure I'll get help, eventually. I look at it as a learning experience.

giblet    0

Those HD cage links are the same...?

A guy over on another forum I visit put some Thermaltake iCages in his Cosmos S, completely replaced the 4-in-3 module that comes with it. I believe they work fine, but each cage only has space for 3 drives instead of 4. Since it sits behind the mesh of the case, it doesn't matter what color it all is (I think they match TT's Armor cases, but you can't tell in the Cosmos S). If you're using the stock red case fans, you may want to replace the iCage ones, though - I believe they're blue. And really, I would bet any internal HD bay would work - 5.25 bays should be pretty universally the correct size!

For the side door, I have no idea how/if it works, but the old answer here used to be "email support with pictures that show that your cooler is too big, and your shipping info, and they'll send you a new one." However, emails aren't dealt with, so... meh. I also don't know if they ever did send anyone a new window; that's just what they kept telling people to do.

The airflow probably really isn't that big a deal. Yeah, get the new window or whatever if they ever get back to you, but in the meantime it won't cause problems. At worst your ambient temps will be a bit higher; it if really bugs you, take off the side door until you get the new one. If you have unusued 5.25 bays, you can stick a fan or two into some of them to pull in more air as well (though if you get another drive cage, they usually have a fan already). It may not be optimal airflow, but it should be quite good enough to not cause heat issues. Other alternative is of course to get a different cpu cooler that fits, but that kind of sucks. Personally, I wouldn't replace any of the fans with 90mm ones, but if you really are bothered by fan issues, just experiment and see how your temps change with different setups.

If you read around this forum, support has *always* been appallingly slow. The move/upgrade/whatever may contribute to it right now, but it's not unusual for people to have to post for 2 weeks before staff here supposedly forwards their info to support... then post again in 2-4 more weeks when nothing has happened... and usually a third and maybe fourth time before anything is done. PMs are ignored, emails are ignored... Sad when a support forum is full of people asking "why can't I get support"... and still being ignored. Good job, Cooler Master.

Sorry I can't be more helpful... and that CM *won't* be.

NMD    0

Thanks for the advice. I am just nutty about cooling. Thats why I bought a case with a huge fan on the side. It was my fault really, I did not realize how big my new heatsink was. I have thought about getting a different one but seems like a waste. I really just want to know if I will be able to get a new side door that will allow me to use my Vendetta 2. I just need to know either way so I can decide where to go from here.

Thinking about it now, the fan on my cpu heatsink points directly at the rear fan of the case and is only about one half inch away from it. I wonder if that is causing any damage to either of the fans or disrupting air flow... god I'm obsessive about this stuff. :bom:

PS. Fixed the link on the 4-in-3's.