Sign in to follow this  
Kush6

Fit the 9800GTX?

Kush6    0

Hi, I just got a EVGA 9800GTX SSC. Can anyone tell me if it will fit in the Centurion 534+ Case. If not, what options do I have - I'd like to keep the price on the lower side - the card cost a bomb! :D Thanks.

Kush6    0

I'm not very sure, the card is 10.5 inches long (as long as the 880GTS) so I think it might be scrapping the hard drive bays........ And I forgot to mention the CPU cooler - a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme. I haven't seen the case but this setup sure sounds like a squeeze.

Can someone with a Centurion 534 check and tell me?

Zenphic    0

The distance between the PCI slots and the hard drive case is about 11 inches.

So, it will be a tight fit but it should fit. good luck!

Kush6    0

Great! Thanks a lot. I think I'll go with the Cm 690 though - a little more spacious to be on the safe side and also, the cooling options are way better. At nearly the same price too. I'm still concerned about the height of the heatsink though. The ThermalRight Ultra 120 Extreme is a little more than 160mm in height.

Kush6    0

Great. Thanks a lot Zenphic. Now, that that's settled I'll go shopping first thing tommorow - get the case - CM690, and a few fans probably some S-Flexes........

Thanks again for all the info.