Sign in to follow this  
pap

how can a cooler destroy a computer

RaptorFury    0
yes is hard to believe also for me but a small drop in the right place make miracles...

i've cleaned after i've noticed all well believe me and till i've changed the cooler with this new one i hadn't any problems

RaptorFury

the fans from your picture are not like this: http://www.coolermaster.com/products/pr ... =1&id=2535

and if someone has opened a fan like this can tell us what's inside

just so u know 90% of the fans have the same exact design . interior wise . from 20 mm fans all the way up to the 140mm fans ( some are smaller then others ... )

pap    0

can somebody confirm that without this crack no leaks can appear?

Rudieman

thanks for effort ;was the cooler in function (warm?) before you look inside? is the mounting position influence this?

Rudieman    2

The crack in this fan is a known issue and happens a lot, definetly not your fault. If there's oil inside then it doesn't need a crack to leak because it's open at the back.

The fan was "cold" and just laying on the shelf when suddenly a hamer came down and destroyed it LOL.

pap    0

i'll try to RMA the video card let's see what happ. mobo i can throw it away

another quest.

if the cooler now is without lubricant will CM replace it? should i send it back to shop?

Rudieman    2

We can only replace the fan, witch off course we will do for free after what you have been threw. It's the least we can do.

Please send me a PM with your address.

kunijp    0
The crack in this fan is a known issue and happens a lot, definetly not your fault. If there's oil inside then it doesn't need a crack to leak because it's open at the back.

The fan was "cold" and just laying on the shelf when suddenly a hamer came down and destroyed it LOL.

Don't laugh at your customer! Grow up!

I don't know much about engineering and such but i have open a lot of fans for cleaning,

from pc's to aquariums cooler but i never sees oils coming out of fans...

I was going to get a cpu cooler for my cosmos as it is getting hot here, And saw this.

Was wondering if Hyper Z600 will fit?

VALKYRIE    11

The Sleeve bearing fans have just one drop of oil inside ( two at most ) , the Ball bearing fans have just a little bit of stiky grease ,leaking oils is just impossible, this thread is already ridiculous

The only possible leaking oil is ,if a dunce person open the fan stiker to add oil to the bearings , and add TOO MUCH OIL , when the PC is turned on , is possible that the excess of oil can spill around ( centrifugal effect ), but this are just a few harmless drops of non conductive oil,

Rudieman    2

Don't laugh at your customer! Grow up!

Just for the record, I wasn't laughing at my customer but I like destroying things from time to time to see how they look on the inside.

RaptorFury    0
Just for the record, I wasn't laughing at my customer but I like destroying things from time to time to see how they look on the inside.

You too ;) .. but i like to see what makes em tick ....