Sign in to follow this  
idgara

Hydra 8800 and Aquagate S1

idgara    0

I have a "Cooler Master RL-EUL-GBU1-GP Aquagate S1 Liquid Cooling System - Socket 775" on my quad 2.4 processor. Works great and keep the processor very nice and cool.

My vid card "BFG GeForce 8800 GTX OC2 768MB PCIe" gets really hot so I'm attempting to put on a Hydra 8800 Liquid Cooler on it.

:?: My question is will the rad be able to handle the cooling/pumping if i piggyback both the processor and video card onto the same cycle so it would run something like this:

Rad ---> processor ---> hydra 8800 cooler #1 ---> rad.

I realize with this set up that the 8800 would get pre heated coolent from processor, but it has to be better then the stock cooling that is overheating my card.

Specs:

ntel Quad Core Kentsfield 2.4Ghz Q6600 CPU

XFX nForce 680i LT SLI Socket 775 MB

Corsair 6144MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz

BFG GeForce 8800 GTX OC2 768MB PCIe

Cooler Master Aquagate S1

Maxession    1

I don't think it can handle both, that GPU can get quite hot, I'd recommend getting a WC kit with a bigger radiator or use extra fans on your case to improve the airflow and the temperature inside your case.

What are your temperatures at the moment for your CPU/GPU?

idgara    0

Hi and thanks for the quick reply.

Ok, I'll look at a WC kit. My temperatures right now for GPU is 71 when I start up comp and am idol, but high res gaming usually around 85. I've seen it hit 88-89 on really hot days when I'm gaming. I wouldn't doubt it's it's 90 at some point as well. Much too hot. My processor and system temps seem to be fine and normal (between 48 and 55), but it's the GPU that is spiking (hence the purchase of the Hydra).

idgara    0

Hey Ekpyr,

Thanks for the additional info. I ended up purchasing another WC kit so now have one for processor and one for my GPU's and is working like a charm. Idol temps how hover around 55 and I have yet o see the temp go above 65 under a full load.