Sign in to follow this  
Necrocut

Cosmos 1000

Necrocut    0

I'm having a issue installing a Sapphire Radeon HD 3870 X2 graphics card ... There is a 2 to 3 mm gap, the screw holes do not align.

post-29561-13880421929001_thumb.jpg

Zenphic    0

It happens that the screw holes of the PCI slots of computer cases don't align with dual slot video cards.

Make sure that one of the screws are tight and you shouldn't worry about your video card dropping :)

Necrocut    0

Thanks for the reply Zenphic ...

I'm not able to fit one screw let alone two ... As for these cards not aligning correctly with the screw holes of a case that's not true ... I personally have seen these cards fitted perfectly with both supporting screws.

Zenphic    0

Indeed.

Maybe try repositionning the motherboard and rescrewing it down.

Slightly nudging it downwards might help aligning the video card to the PCI slots.

Ravynmagi    0

I get that gap too with my 8800. I just push on the back side of the case/PCI area until the graphics card and PCI slot holes line up, then screw it in.

Necrocut    0

Thanks for the reply Ravynmagi ...

Not had must time too post a reply ... On the rear of the card above the two DVI sockets there are two small phillips screws one of which were restricting the card from sitting correctly ... Making contact with the chassis PCI middle spacer ... Removing the screw in question the card now sits perfectly.