Sign in to follow this  
Carbonite

Cosmos S... What should I do?

Carbonite    0

Well, I ordered a Cosmos S from Newegg.

All the reviews of the case were great and I have loved the look of the thing. Been waiting to buy it for a while now.

Now I find these forums and find out the case I have bought has numerous problems. Paint chipping, CPU fans not fitting, Side fan Breaking and others.

None of this was in any review I have seen and I feel a bit Hosed here. To get a refund on this case is going to cost me a 15% restocking fee. That would mean I am out about 40 dollars.

I was wondering if you guys think I should return this case or what? It will be delivered to me on Monday.

This is to be my first computer build and I really want this case. Do you think its worth losing the 40 bucks or so to get the revision?

criton    0

you will like the case, i have it and love it, i was unable to use the side fan due to my heatsink being so tall, but case temps are great even without it. would be nice to be able to use the side fan though......

Carbonite    0
you will like the case, i have it and love it, i was unable to use the side fan due to my heatsink being so tall, but case temps are great even without it. would be nice to be able to use the side fan though......

The thing is, I am more worried about the problems I wont be able to fix myself:

For the changes:

- Fix door latch

- fix 230mm fan material so it doesn't break easy

- fix paint issue on bottom rails

- fix positioning of side fan to support tall tower

I wont be able to fix, door latches.

I wont be able to fix the Side fan if it breaks, will need a new one and I need the side fan working for my GPU's as I wont be water cooling them for a while.

And if the paint comes off right after I buy it, I wont be able to look at it. (I am that fussy and cant help it.) But I am paying 250 dollars for a case, I should expect a step above every other case out there when it comes to workmanship.

I dont imagine I am worried to much about the CPU fan fitting as I am pretty sure the Zalman will fit.

roofus    0

well if my experience trying to locate a simple part without having to order it overseas and wait a month for it is any indicator, i would eat the 15% if i still had the option. tuesday i was asked to send a PM with my contact info for resolution and haven't heard a word yet. just to be safe, i bought my power supply for it from another manufacturer fearing i would get the same luke-warm urgency if something was broken keeping my system from actually working. its up to you but i wish i could box mine back up and start over. i am all about the little things when i pay 250+ for a case and find out the 800 number is picked up with an answering machine, tryed e-mail customer support and tryed in this forum and not a step further than when i started. extremely disappointed with this company. :evil:

Fireheart    0

Carbonite, if there is a problem with the case, like chipped paint, then you don't want your Money, you want a new Case. Talk to NewEgg about a replacement and let Them deal with the RMA to CM.

Be Well!

Fireheart

Carbonite    0

WOW, so I got my case today. I must say it has met and surpassed my expectations.

This is the best looking case I have ever seen. The pictures just do not do it justice.

I have none of the issues people are mentioning. I have none of the issues that revision says it will fix. (Aside from the size of the CPU fan I can use.)

Let me just say, I dont think I want magnets to close the sides in the front. I really like the way they click in now because its very secure and all I have to do is tap it to get it open again.

I cant speak for the paint comming off on the bottom rails because I dont intend to take the tape off that comes on it, after seeing this case I almost dont want to use it for fear of scratching it lol. I absolutely love it.

If in the future I have trouble I can just RMA it through new egg for a whole year too. I wasnt even taking that into account Fireheart.

Man, I must say I think this case is worth "More" than what I have paid for it. I had a couple friends stop by today and they couldnt believe it either.

This is by far the "nicest" peice of equipment I have ever owned.

NMD    0

Mine is fine... I don't have issues with the side doors like so many, bc I understand that all you have to do is not route wires over the latch bars and properly line up the door b4 snapping into place. I did however put an ugly gash on the bars on the front(my fault)... Planning on a bit of touch up paint or somthin to fix that.

Do the side panels and drive bay grills also suffer flimsy and loose feel that many has reported? I was going to get the Cosmos S, but I checked out Cosmos 1000 @ Fry's and found the drive bay front grills are so flimsy and loose, then some people said S version's quality isn't as high as 1000's... There are such problems, are they fixed in revision?

evzonas    0

Dont worry you did great .Cosmos s is alovely chasis.Inc ase you face any problem you could ask fro support in the forum or even ask newwegg for a repacement.You could also buy replacing parts from coolermaster's shop in switzerland.

Mike