Sign in to follow this  
sgrenfurm

Release date Cosmos S revision RC-1100-KKN2-GP

EarlZ    0

Id like to see a picture that clearly shows the difference between the new and the old front doors, so i can forward it to my retailer or the distributor of Coolermaster here in my country and specify that i want the new revision of the case.

edit:

I've checked the video review done by 3dgameman and as he opens the front doors i can hear a clicking sound, so the magnetic doors is probably silent or a metallic sound ?

MonkeyNews    0

EarlZ, the easiest way to tell if you have the revision is to look at the bottom of the front of the case - there are recesses on both left and right of what is basically a mock 5.25 drive bay cover. The original version, and what you'll see on all pictures of the case doesn't have these. I bought mine about 3 weeks ago in Australia and got the revision. If it's made it out here already I'd say anywhere else will have them. Apparently the big fan on the side was supposed to be moved to allow for a big tower cooler as well but it doesn't look to me like they've actually done anything here - not that I care, I have a Thermaltake V1 and it fits perfectly, it's 13.5cm tall. anything bigger than 14.5cm still wont fit in there without taking out the big side fan.

Even though it's the rev, the box still has a pic of the old vers on it so you'll have to get your dealer to take it out and have a look.

EarlZ    0
EarlZ, the easiest way to tell if you have the revision is to look at the bottom of the front of the case - there are recesses on both left and right of what is basically a mock 5.25 drive bay cover. The original version, and what you'll see on all pictures of the case doesn't have these. I bought mine about 3 weeks ago in Australia and got the revision. If it's made it out here already I'd say anywhere else will have them. Apparently the big fan on the side was supposed to be moved to allow for a big tower cooler as well but it doesn't look to me like they've actually done anything here - not that I care, I have a Thermaltake V1 and it fits perfectly, it's 13.5cm tall. anything bigger than 14.5cm still wont fit in there without taking out the big side fan.

Even though it's the rev, the box still has a pic of the old vers on it so you'll have to get your dealer to take it out and have a look.

Thanks, but the distributor would be the one to look into this and usually they are pricks and are too lazy to check for things like these so ill try to make it as easy for them as possible.. The new revisions carry the magnetic lock right so thats probably the most obvious and easiest way for them to check, The old revision can actually fit the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme (165mm) w/o any hard mods, just rotate the side fan alignment so that the flat parts are now horizontal and position and the TRUE can fit properly.

Im also asking my retailer and Coolermaster taiwan on this matter, good thing taiwan is willing to cooperate and is very responsive.