Sign in to follow this  
sgrenfurm

Release date Cosmos S revision RC-1100-KKN2-GP

The "revision" out right now or what retailers have been telling you are regarding the front doors of the Cosmos S. The older version had the click in click out mechanism for the doors, similar to the CM Media Cases. This has been updated and replaced with a magnetic door mechanism, similar to the Stacker 830 series.

xeffexts989    0

Just got my case from Amazon, and it's still the old version. That is, the side panels are still using latches, the side fan is still in it's old position, and the front panel doors are kept in place with magnets. The "finger holes" Raqin mentioned are actually just used to open/close the front doors, not the actual side panels.

However, I think I'll just keep the thing since I, like others, am just tired of waiting.

Skiddywinks    0
Just got my case from Amazon, and it's still the old version. That is, the side panels are still using latches, the side fan is still in it's old position, and the front panel doors are kept in place with magnets. The "finger holes" Raqin mentioned are actually just used to open/close the front doors, not the actual side panels.

However, I think I'll just keep the thing since I, like others, am just tired of waiting.

Well, from the sounds of it, this is the latest version anyway.

Thank you very much for the clarification neverXmiss and cmeu_knud. So this just leaves one question; is there a KKN2 model in the pipeline? Or is nothing planned yet?

EDIT: Does a side panel with a reloacted fan exist for the Cosmos S? I will order a Cosmos S right now if there is one and they are given as replacements. I need to fit my TRUE in there!

Sounds like updated version to me. The updated version has magnet doors according to neverXmiss and RaQin. Anyway, thanks for the heads up. Mine is arriving tomorrow, I hope I'll like it.

I received the case but very disappointed. The box was damaged by FedEx during shipment, therefore, the case is damaged on the side panel. The front bay meshes are very loose, very cheaply made compared to the cases i've owned (cm stacker, lian-li, silverstone), there's also a burn marks on the left front cover. I had to return it, and I'm not going to get a replacement due to poor quality built(the whole case, regardless of the damages caused by fedex). cm stacker has much much better quality compared to cosmos series. too bad CM Stacker 832 no longer available in US. I guess Lian-Li is the only case I would go for.

Skiddywinks    0

I also broke down and bought one anyway.

dabs.com for anyone in the UK. They have the newest version (the magnetic doors), and also offer free shiping on orders over £100 (which is very much needed when the case weights almost 12Kg, without the box!).

I have to say, I am far more impressed than I thought I was going to be. the thing is huge, sexy, and very well made.

Sounds to me like sovereignty68 is just damn unlucky with that one.

dctokyo    0

Well been looking for a new case and was going to get the Lian-Li X500 but after looking at the Cosmos S revision with the magnet doors and half the price of Lian-Li., just pickup up the Cosmos S.

Great case, I had looke at the Cosmos a couple of months ago and did not like the HDD cooling as there was none but the new Cosmos S has really improve on this :cheers:

Zenphic    0
Finished my build (for now). Have to say, this case was made for water cooling. Much better better than my "ghetto" partial external setup from before.

rig3ru5.th.jpg

Nice. Noctua NF-P12 fans are awesome.

StryDa    0

I believe i have the new revision, Bought at the beginning of September from dabs.com. It has the magnetic door things at the front so i believe so. I was just wondering if this one has the room to find a CPU cooler such as the Thermalright Ultra 120 without being to big and touching any part of the fan or the side not being able to close.

Thanks

Ellis.