Sign in to follow this  
sgrenfurm

Release date Cosmos S revision RC-1100-KKN2-GP

All,

The revised case is out in the retail channels and is still sold under the old model number, KKN1, not under KKN2. I got mine from newegg.com last week; $229 w/free shipping.

There is a VERY easy way to ID the revised case by looking at the front panel. On the very bottom of the drive slot area is what appears to be a second 3.5" slot with missing screens on the side. Upon, closer inspection you will find that there are no missing screens, but these are in fact, finger holes. These finger holes are the replacement method for opening the two covers on the sides of the drive slots, as the push open/close clamps have been removed in favor of a pair of plastic housed magnets on each door.

It looks a sweet as the original Cosmos S, the fans are silent, and I didn't loose any paint on the bottom rails when I took off the tape. Additionally, I was able to mount a XIGMATEK HDT-RS1283R CPU Cooler w/120mm fan (unit stands 158mm high) on my 680i mobo, and it does not touch the 230mm side panel fan (VERY close, but it still doesn't touch)....looks like the took care of the Mobo to side panel height issues as described in many emails and postings in the forum.

Hope this helps everyone out there...I know I was totally bummed about having to thing I was settling for a case with known issues, and waiting for months. In the end I am pleased to find out I got the new goods, and I hope you get the new one as well. It's TIGHT!!!

Cheers,

RaQin

Has anyone bought one from Amazon.com recently? I don't want to get one from Newegg.com because they charge CA tax which is $20 on top of the cost. I wonder if Amazon is carrying revised version of Cosmos S. There's a 5 stars review but that was 3 1/2 months ago, which I believed at that time the revised version was not released yet.

Fireheart    0
Has anyone bought one from Amazon.com recently? I don't want to get one from Newegg.com because they charge CA tax which is $20 on top of the cost. I wonder if Amazon is carrying revised version of Cosmos S. There's a 5 stars review but that was 3 1/2 months ago, which I believed at that time the revised version was not released yet.

If you order it from Amazon, you most likely won't be getting it directly from Amazon, but from one of their affiliated tech-stores. No telling what they have in stock - without contacting them directly. And the Review shouldn't matter - it was a review of the case, not a promise to only sell that one.

Be Well!

Fireheart

Skiddywinks    0

For those in the UK, OcUK have definitely got them in stock, but they are mixed with the old revision (or at least, that is what OcUK are telling people), so if you buy one from there, you have no idea which one you have until you open the box.

What I find underhanded is how places are still selling both models for the same price. This shouldn't be allowed. Why should I have to pay £X for the old model, when the new model costs £X as well, on the same damn website from the same damn people. "Oh, we have no idea which one is which" sounds very suspect to me.

Zenphic    0

If a shop listed the revisions of a product on two different pages and that the customer could pick whichever that he/she wanted, I don't think they'd pick the older revision would they. lol

Some shops can afford having a surplus of the old revision (Newegg usually lists the revision of a product), but most shop don't. They need to sell the older revisions first.

If a shop listed the revisions of a product on two different pages and that the customer could pick whichever that he/she wanted, I don't think they'd pick the older revision would they. lol

Some shops can afford having a surplus of the old revision (Newegg usually lists the revision of a product), but most shop don't. They need to sell the older revisions first.

alot of retailers use 'drop shipping' so they really dont know what revision is available or is being stocked. They are basically the middleman and the product is shipped by the wholesalers with custom made 'address label' making you think its actually from the Retailer ("blind shipping") you purchased it from. Some simply don't care because its all about turning a quick buck,But your larger sellers do care and take the time to KNOW what their customers are getting and their Customers Satisfaction Ratings reflect that with High Marks.

xeffexts989    0

If you order it from Amazon, you most likely won't be getting it directly from Amazon, but from one of their affiliated tech-stores. No telling what they have in stock - without contacting them directly. And the Review shouldn't matter - it was a review of the case, not a promise to only sell that one.

Be Well!

Fireheart

Actually, if it says "Ships and sold by Amazon.", then it's from Amazon. Otherwise, it would say it "Sold by so and so's shop." I've bought processors and motherboards, and made sure with Amazon this was the case since such affiliated shops won't have the return policy, free shipping, etc.

Btw, I just bought from Amazon and will let you know if I get the new revised version. Great thing about Amazon is that you can always return with no shipping charge and no restocking fee unlike Newegg.

I would say go for it if you don't want to wait since you lose nothing other than time (maybe).

I bought mine from provantage.com and its the new revision. It was cheaper than newegg also. priced at $206.28

http://www.provantage.com/cooler-rc-110 ... OOL035.htm

its listed at the old but its the new one.

Thanks for the info! I ordered from Amazon.com since it's cheaper than anywhere I find with free 2nd day shipping(Amazon Prime). Can someone tell me how to check if it's revision version?

cmeu_knud    0

Hi all,

Despite all rumors and posts here, Cooler Master don't have a RC-1100-KKN2-GP version of the Cosmos S.

When Cooler Master has it, we will post it here on the forum.

About the fan interference issue; we will announce more details when we actually have the new panel.

Thank you

Knud

Skiddywinks    0
Hi all,

Despite all rumors and posts here, Cooler Master don't have a RC-1100-KKN2-GP version of the Cosmos S.

When Cooler Master has it, we will post it here on the forum.

About the fan interference issue; we will announce more details when we actually have the new panel.

Thank you

Knud

Interesting!

So what is OcUK telling me they have then? And what's with RaQin's model? The original does not have magnets, I know that much! Are these just small revisions that are being phased in to the older ones?

And what the heck was Notoriousbigs talking about when he first said we were getting a KKN2?