Sign in to follow this  
sgrenfurm

Release date Cosmos S revision RC-1100-KKN2-GP

Amorphous    0

Most computer companies don't discuss unreleased products. It sort've undermines their current product lines.

Amorphous

KillerRed    0

I do understand what you are saying amorphous, however, this isnt a new product, its a revision of an already released product. I don't know if it'll hurt the sales of the first defective Cosmos S.

giblet    0

Except that this revision is just supposed to be a continuation of a current product, but fixing various acknowledged problems. And that they've already told us on multiple occasions that the new ones have arrived and should be out shortly (or rather, should have been). And that they're losing business by ignoring requests about the status of the situation.

Add to that how people who bought the original version and have had problems are going through he.ll(why is that censored?) trying to even get in contact with CM to send them replacement parts - and often being unsuccessful, even when calling, emailing and repeatedly posting here - and it really does start to look like CM is either grossly incompetent or has some of the worst customer support and service in the industry.

Sure, problems happen. But ignoring your customers and pretending everything is all right is hardly professional.

sgrenfurm    0

Hi guys,

Well I couldn't wait any longer for the revision of this case, so I just bought the original cosmos s. I figured that the changes being made to the revised model will not be required for my needs (won't use any large cpu coolers, will be very careful with the paint etc) and I waited long enough (about 2 months longer than the planned release in May). One point i'm concerned about is the side fan issue where the blades break off inside the case :shock: . I did read however that coolermaster is on top of the issue and should this occur a replacement fan will be sent to you.

My impressions of the case are positive. It really is a beautiful case, sleek design and very very large. It's like a whole length longer than my old thermaltake midtower. Impressive.

In closing I would like to add that I don't think there will be any new revision of this case. If the modifications are to be made then it will happen silently with every new batch thats delivered to the retailers using the same cosmos s model no (RC-1100-KKN1-GP)

Regards,

Shannon

Skiddywinks    0

CM need to tell us, one way or another, what is going on. From the stories of not receiving promised replacements, and the fact that we haven't heard anything about this revision, I am beginning to think CM do not deserve my money. If I don't hear some news of some sort soon, I will be jumping ship.

I had my heart set on a Cosmos S, but this is just stupid. Even if they were to just say that they are there, reading our messgaes, but can not say anything for another week or two, it would be a great benefit. At least we would know something is going on.

RaQin    0

All,

The revised case is out in the retail channels and is still sold under the old model number, KKN1, not under KKN2. I got mine from newegg.com last week; $229 w/free shipping.

There is a VERY easy way to ID the revised case by looking at the front panel. On the very bottom of the drive slot area is what appears to be a second 3.5" slot with missing screens on the side. Upon, closer inspection you will find that there are no missing screens, but these are in fact, finger holes. These finger holes are the replacement method for opening the two covers on the sides of the drive slots, as the push open/close clamps have been removed in favor of a pair of plastic housed magnets on each door.

It looks a sweet as the original Cosmos S, the fans are silent, and I didn't loose any paint on the bottom rails when I took off the tape. Additionally, I was able to mount a XIGMATEK HDT-RS1283R CPU Cooler w/120mm fan (unit stands 158mm high) on my 680i mobo, and it does not touch the 230mm side panel fan (VERY close, but it still doesn't touch)....looks like the took care of the Mobo to side panel height issues as described in many emails and postings in the forum.

Hope this helps everyone out there...I know I was totally bummed about having to thing I was settling for a case with known issues, and waiting for months. In the end I am pleased to find out I got the new goods, and I hope you get the new one as well. It's TIGHT!!!

Cheers,

RaQin

Skiddywinks    0

Thanks for the info RaQin.

I have seen that case floating around, but did not know whether it was the revision or not. Thanks very much for clearing that up for us.

Now, the question remains; has CM deliberately not changed the SKU number so that the product can not be specifically bought instead of the older version, or is this a slight oversight by newegg?

EDIT: Any chance you could also check some other things for us RaQin? Such as:

Fixed door latch mechanism

New fan material so it doesn't break as easily

If these also seem different, then this is without a doubt the new revision. Also, is the fan moved slightly to make the extra room for the tall heatsinks? I can't see them making the case wider, so this seems like the logical conclusion.