Sign in to follow this  
sgrenfurm

Release date Cosmos S revision RC-1100-KKN2-GP

Recommended Posts

sgrenfurm    0

Hi guys,

Seems there's alot of interest for the release of this revision. I just received a mail from Cooler Master Customer Service (US). The mail states that the cosmos s revision will arrive in their warehouse on 5/13 (tomorrow). This should mean that the case will be available at the Cooler Master resellers near the end of May.

Hope the changes to this case will be worth the wait. I can't wait.

Keep posting if you guys got any news.

Later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Falknir    0

Well, if that e-mail was correct, it is indeed good news. I hope to see details and photos of the changes in the near future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MarkSix    0
Hello,

I too have been waiting for the date of this model number revision. I just finished getting all the parts for the new rig, except the case. I have a new OCZ Vendetta 2 and it stands 168mm from the motherboard. So, I know it won't fit with the position of the 200mm side fan.

I have been holding out on buying a case because I love Cosmos S 1100. I have also looked at the Silverstone TJ10 (another amazing case).

Soooo, if I don't hear something by May 16th I am going to order a Silverstone TJ10 BW. I just can't let my Q9450 + 4gb GSkill + 2x 8800GTS + 860w PSU with 2 Raptor 150's just sit in their boxes anymore!! I've had them for almost two weeks now. :bounce: I'm staring to get impatient since the first [unofficial] notification of the new SKU was late March.

Maybe notoriousbigs can let us know sooner rather than later? I don't think its too much to ask. All I want to do is give CM 300 of my hard earned CDN dollars.

A complete list of the changes would be great as well. :)

ZALMAN CNPS 9500 AM2 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6835118004

You should be OK, the Cosmos S has 145mm of clearence I think. The ZALMAN CNPS 9500 AM2 needs only 135mm. Please make sure for yourself though.

http://www.zalman.co.kr/ENG/product/Pro ... sp?idx=162 (pic)

http://www.coolermaster.com/products/pr ... 17&id=3947 (under "other" in specifications)

I have a Noctua NH-U12F CPU Cooler thats stands 151,5mm and there seems to be about 10mm clearence to the side fan. Have to say I was a bit worried when I read that there was problem with big CPU coolers and I was already prepared to get a new one , but installation went smooth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
giblet    0

Well the in-stores date of 'late May' is obviously passed, and it doesn't seem like it's even been released, let alone made it to retailers.

I realize there probably isn't a fixed date yet, but could we at least get some kind of idea as to when (or if!) this revision is coming? Is it just a little behind and 'any day now'? Or does no one have any clue and it won't actually show up until next year (if ever)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KillerRed    0

I agree.....is there an actual release date for this or is this one of those, next month, next month type things. Any solid info on when it will be released?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Falknir    0

Yeah, wondering what happened to that revision release date as well, because I really want to get my hands on one of these.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
giblet    0

Well, I have a mini-update, but nothing too great...

I called CM support yesterday after having my email question ignored (and of course posting here rarely yields anything), and to my surprise the tech was actually helpful. What he told me was this:

They haven't been given any kind of official release date for the revision yet, but they have already started getting some in, which at least means it exists :wink:. He didn't want to commit to a time frame for availability at retailers, but I would imagine it would be within the next few weeks unless some other problems come up. I'm hoping that this means it will be officially announced soon, so we can have a fixed date as well as a fixed feature list for the revision (the tech wasn't sure about that either).

So, not great news, but at least it's some kind of update.

Honestly at this point I'll probably just buy the pre-revision version and keep returning it if it has problems. I'm not very confident that the revision will fix the issues I'm concerned about, and I don't really want an open-ended wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this