Sign in to follow this  
sgrenfurm

Release date Cosmos S revision RC-1100-KKN2-GP

sgrenfurm    0

Hi,

Am new to the forum and very interested in the new cosmos s case. After reading about the release of a new revision i hesitated with my purchase. I would like to know when the new cosmos s revision will be released?

Tanks

KillerRed    0

Hi, im also new to the forums, I would also like to know when the new revised version of the Cosmos S will be released. I noticed that notoriousbigs has started a thread about the new revisions, any idea of its release date? Thanks...

Falknir    0

Yeah, been really interested in the revision as well, but from what Notoriousbigs has stated on Thu Mar 27, 2008 that the revision is planned for this month (May, 2008). However, would be great to get some update(s) on the status of this revision, as the revision is first on my list for a new build for myself and a couple others.

Cooler Master,

can you please let us know? I have been waiting forever to get a new case and do not want the earlier version due to the side fan placement. I fear that it will interfere with my CPU cooler.

AC73    0

Hello,

I too have been waiting for the date of this model number revision. I just finished getting all the parts for the new rig, except the case. I have a new OCZ Vendetta 2 and it stands 168mm from the motherboard. So, I know it won't fit with the position of the 200mm side fan.

I have been holding out on buying a case because I love Cosmos S 1100. I have also looked at the Silverstone TJ10 (another amazing case).

Soooo, if I don't hear something by May 16th I am going to order a Silverstone TJ10 BW. I just can't let my Q9450 + 4gb GSkill + 2x 8800GTS + 860w PSU with 2 Raptor 150's just sit in their boxes anymore!! I've had them for almost two weeks now. :bounce: I'm staring to get impatient since the first [unofficial] notification of the new SKU was late March.

Maybe notoriousbigs can let us know sooner rather than later? I don't think its too much to ask. All I want to do is give CM 300 of my hard earned CDN dollars.

A complete list of the changes would be great as well. :)

ZALMAN CNPS 9500 AM2 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6835118004

You should be OK, the Cosmos S has 145mm of clearence I think. The ZALMAN CNPS 9500 AM2 needs only 135mm. Please make sure for yourself though.

http://www.zalman.co.kr/ENG/product/Pro ... sp?idx=162 (pic)

http://www.coolermaster.com/products/pr ... 17&id=3947 (under "other" in specifications)

EsaT    0
have also looked at the Silverstone TJ10 (another amazing case).
Rather interesting idea but HDD cooling capability of chassis looks rather questionable, there aren't any dust filters and back end is too leaky for controlled airflow.

(5.25" bay area probably without airflow)