Sign in to follow this  
freeuse

Can't figure out what fan I have.

freeuse    0

My CPU fan is about to fail on me and I can't figure out which coolermaster fan it is or which fan I can use as a replacement.

All it says is coolermaster on it and 12v

I have an HP m7680n Media Center PC with core2duo 65nm 2.13GHz

Please help!

Maxession    1

Fans are pretty standard, for a replacement, just get one with the same size (80, 90 or 120 mm probably).

You might also want to see if you still got warranty on it, and maybe HP can get you a replacement.

freeuse    0

My warranty is expired, this computer is about 1.5 years old

I'm trying to find the exact fan because I don't want to purchase the wrong one, i want a drop in replacement, no fuss no muss

I can't afford any down time.

Is there an online image gallery with all of coolermaster's fans so I can figure out the exact model I have?

Zenphic    0

You don't really need to replace a fan with exactly the same model. As long as they are of the same dimensions, you should be able to replace it with no trouble.

The problem about finding the same model is that usually the fans that CM sell with heatsinks are not the same as the ones that they sell in retail markets.

In other words, I think you will have a lot of trouble finding the exact fan online.

Seeing as it is an Intel system, this might get even more complicated things.

I suggest that you take a picture of the heatsink so that we may confirm its fan size.