Sign in to follow this  
ats

Cosmo S + Noctua NH-U12P + ASUS Maximus Formula

ats    0

Hello guys,

This weekend I finished aseembling my pc and for my bad luck I have some problems. The first problem is with my CPU Cooler,

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=prod ... =14&lng=en

It dosen't fit in the case. The side fan of the case comes in touch with my cpu cooler and I cannot close the side panel :( Eventually I removed the side panel fan.

Is this a problem for my system temperature? Is there another solution :?:

Another thing I cannot solve, has to do with the cable HD Audio - AC'97 of the case. I cannot understand where to connect this cable on my MotherBoard whis is ASUS Maximus Formula. I read the MB manual and couldn't find something. Does anyone knows where to connect this cable or is not compatible with my motherboard :?::?:

criton    0

I am running the same heatsink and case and I also had to remove the side fan, quite a few of us that are using larger heatsinks had to remove it, so the side panel would close. I read that coolermaster is redesigning the side panel, but I havent read any updates on it in a while.

here is a pic of my case, prolly looks alot like yours since i am using a asus mobo too, I cant help you with the audio problem since I am using a creative Xfi card.

Hopefully we will hear something soon about the new panels.

33ou135.jpg

Holy crap, that's a lot of Noctua fans! :shock:

I've got the same issue. It's a wonder Cooler Master didn't recess the fan more into the side panel. I thought that was the whole point of the cool side panel in the first place. Ah, well.

I really wanted to be able to use the side fan, too. It's just such a cool (and huge) bit of win. It's just too bad that the side panel is made of fail. :sad2:

X-oR    0

Your case remind me mine!

Have a look :P

picture4ga9.jpg

As you can see I added 2 t-rad² on my GC but I had problems with the power supply which was to high in the case, I had to remove the noise block under the power supply.

My CPU Cooler is Noctua NH-C12P (better than the one you have, I had it before so I can tell you ;) )

;)

Nice cfg anyway ;)

Zenphic    0

From review though, they say that NH-U12P performs better than the NH-C12P with high heat output processors.

The NH-C12P is better when it comes to cooling surrounding components though!

Rudieman    2

You should connect the HD audio header to the SupremeFX II card that comes with the motherboard. For some reason its not in the manual.