Sign in to follow this  
XenoMorpH

Cosmos 1000 Smaller size

XenoMorpH    2

MIDITower VersionI really Love the Cosmos 1000 and just bought 1. But I have to send it back to the retailer uz of the size of the Case the lenght of the case is too large.

I thought it would fit into my cupboard/Desk, and don't want to put it besides it cuz the pc is in my livingroon (that's why I want to have the case in my cupboard so I can close it).

The case is wonderwull, really love it (even love it more since I've seen it in real life, LOL).

So my question/sugguestion: will the be a smaller version (legnth) of it say 550mm instead of the 628mm?

ru7hl355    0

nope, why would you wanna hide it. putting it in a cupboard is just gonna cause heat issues anyways.

mines is in my living room too, because of its subtle styling its not a standout case anyways. keep it :cheers:

XenoMorpH    2

Well, My cupboard has an opening at the bacl, so heat can go away no sweat, plus my system is using Watercooling, heat is not a big issue here.

The design is simply perfect, there is no case which matches this 1 (not even Thermaltake cases).

I love to keep it, but my GF is pushing me to send it back cuz it's too large. If there will be a medium-tower version I would be very very happy (8cm shorter would be awsome too :mrgreen: )

I really Love the Cosmos 1000 and just bought 1. But I have to send it back to the retailer uz of the size of the Case the lenght of the case is too large.

I thought it would fit into my cupboard/Desk, and don't want to put it besides it cuz the pc is in my livingroon (that's why I want to have the case in my cupboard so I can close it).

So my question/sugguestion: will the be a smaller version (legnth) of it say 550mm instead of the 628mm?

The problem in shrinking the length of the case is that the case length is largely determined by the length of an ATX or EATX motherboard. To make a shorter case you would need to limit what hardware could be put into the case. With a case that sports the pricetag that the Cosmos does, I am sure that Coolermaster is trying to make it work with AS MANY hardware components as it can.

Well, My cupboard has an opening at the bacl, so heat can go away no sweat, plus my system is using Watercooling, heat is not a big issue here.

The design is simply perfect, there is no case which matches this 1 (not even Thermaltake cases).

I love to keep it, but my GF is pushing me to send it back cuz it's too large. If there will be a medium-tower version I would be very very happy (8cm shorter would be awsome too :mrgreen: )

Look up the CM 690, VERY similar to the Cosmos, i own this one myself, or its brother the Centurion 590:

CM 690

CM690.jpg

Centurion 590

11-119-152-04.jpg

XenoMorpH    2

Too bad there will be no different versions :cry: I really love the Cosmos. The CM 690 looks a bit too "simple" in my eyes :wink:

Anyway, with the lack of other nice cases, I think I'll get a different one instead: http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?i ... =2&vpr=yes

These dimensions do fit my cupboard.

Too bad :(, I still love the Cosmos, and a new cupboard is much more expensive...

XenoMorpH    2

Descided not to get a new case for now. There is simply no case which can compete with the Cosmos 1000.

I hope CM is working on new cases same as the Cosmos (but a bit smaller in length, 58cm is max for me, LOL)