Sign in to follow this  
Chaitanya

Some Essential Changes in Cosmos S

Chaitanya    0

There Some essential design flaws in cosmos S :( which cm shoukld rectify:

1: The power supply fan air filter is removable from inside, if bottom fan is installed it is rendered useless as it cannot be removed for cleaning without removing the fan

2: wheres the reset button, I overclock and in case of system freeze from I need that button

3: Is the capcitve touch panel really sensitive(excess sensitivity causes trouble eg. Logitech mx 5000) it gets irritating if less also will cause a problem

4: Why isnt this ESA Ready??????

please release optional h/w which enable this case to be used as ESA .

RaptorFury    0

if u cant find a reset plug then i say look again its there . as far as the filter for psu ok it isnt it the greatest spot but if you removing the filter that much then u goin to be cleaning the rest of the fans anyways .

Fireheart    0

Yes, but the advantage of the original Cosmos filters was that they were OUTSIDE of the case. You could do a quick cleaning without even shutting off your machine, let alone opening the box and removing parts. His point is valid - if you have to disassemble the system, in order to do simple maintenance, then it's a Design Flaw.

Better to mount the filter tray Under the case - and put another one on the other vent down there, too. The user should be able to pull, clean, and replace the filters without disturbing the operation of the computer. Having to Move the box, in order to get at the filters, is reasonable, though.

Be Well!

Fireheart

Maxession    1

About that reset button, are you sure? isn't there maybe some small hole or something?

I'd also find it annoying not to have 1, as I use it pretty often.

And about not ESA yet, well, maybe in a future version when ESA is more mature?

Fireheart    0
About that reset button, are you sure? isn't there maybe some small hole or something?

I'd also find it annoying not to have 1, as I use it pretty often.

According to one review I saw, nope, no Reset, but you can supposedly set up the power button (in BIOS, I believe) so that a quick press is 'Reset' and a 4-second press is 'Off'... Not sure I like being forced to use 'software', or motherboard hardware to compensate for a cheap design choice in a plus-200 dollar case.

[edit] Okay, another reviewer described the button this way:

Did you notice something missing from the front panel? Well, here it is, the power/reset button and port block. But wait, this isn't just any old button, it's a touch-sensitive switch! All you do to turn your machine on is touch your fingertip to the power symbol. Touching it again will reset the computer, and touching it twice in rapid succession will power the machine down. Very cool feature, but a little too fun to play with, hehe.

So maybe it's cooler that one might guess at first glance.

Be Well!

Fireheart

Chaitanya    0

Checked the case no reset button also no mention of it of it as well. The case would cost 150000Rs (375$) here. which I have ordered myself one and it does not have a reset switch :( which I apparently need a lot as I overclock and have CM Aquagate max installed. So I had to order Vandal resistant switch at performance-pcs.com which cost approx 27.95+shipping charge which is 1600Rs . For these I have drill my brand new expensive case.