Sign in to follow this  
Zoot Allures

CM690 some other suggestions (add-on)

Hi Tonschk,

the places to install (120/140mm) are enough , the (no grill area) around each screw hole to install (80/92mm) fans , reduce the effective grill area and therefore increase the obstacle for the airflow

Indeed.

I keep the grills because I dont want to chop the grills of my case with a dremel , the visual effect of a home made hole is not nice.

If made neatly, the airflow increases by 20%... :roll:

And for the rear grill, who goes there to look at? (OK, it depends where you keep your chassis).

ANTEC THREE HUNDRED

Where did you find this one? 8)

Hi,

It seems the finishing is not so neat for an Antec case.

A bit short it seems, for a gaming rig, the room for a long GPU card behind the HDD basket is tight, isn't it?

An for WC's sake, only one fan exhaust on the top...

Quite the same with few things missing. :)

VALKYRIE    11

Hi there, look this new Hiper OSIRIS . pity have only one top exhaust fan and no bottom horizontal intake fan , but the quality is good , even i am not looking for alluminium cases

And dont have the USELESS flimsy tool-less design of the CM(590/690)

Plus the design of the intake grill of the PSU is with filter

75556.jpg

75555.jpg

75554.jpg

Zenphic    0

You can't compare the CM690 to the Osiris though; it has an MSRP of $180.

And if the tooless features aren't your fancy, you can remove them and use screws instead. I think so? lol

VALKYRIE    11
:D Hi there , the problem to take out the flimsy tool-less design of the CM(590/690), is that the case remain with amount of useless ugly holes in the 5,25 drive bay and useless holes at the back of the case ,I will ask coolermaster if is possible to order a CM590 without tooless design ( but also without the holes to install the tooless design ) ,I think this idea is hopeless :D

Fireheart    0

Umm, if you're That offended by 'useless' holes, you can always put duct-tape over them, but I really doubt that those holes will have that much effect on your computing or modding experience.

Be Well!

Fireheart

Hi there,

Umm, if you're That offended by 'useless' holes, you can always put duct-tape over them, but I really doubt that those holes will have that much effect on your computing or modding experience.

Should we mod our cases to make them look better or be more efficient or to correct the design flaws? Sometimes its just splitting hairs, one like this solution, the other another one, sharing ideas...

But when I see this after a few weeks of use, some mounting/removing the façade (be sure I don't work like a horse with my hardware):

IMG_3126.jpgIMG_3127.jpg

Because they used this flimsy:

IMG_3128-31.jpg

instead of that tighter (same CM-690 plastic top latch):

IMG_3129-32.jpg

My point here is when design flaws can be managed in the case when the fix is invisible.

But here, whatever I tried (ie the screw to enlarge), it matters the external look.

So with one of my other critic about the side-panels catch, hard to put back in (so boring) and moreover dont fit well and look bad externally.

Be well too, Fireheart.

Fireheart    0

I wasn't arguing about design or manufacturing flaws Zoot, tonschk was complaining about all of the extra holes left in the framework of the case, after one removed the 'Toolless' bits. He asked about ordering a version of the case without any 'useless' holes in it, and I responded tongue-in-cheek.

I believe such a fundamental change in the design and manufacture of the case would represent an entirely new case model. Moreover, I don't know of a single commercial case that does not have many many 'useless' extra holes in it, someplace or other. The only cases I've seen with only the minimal holes necessary to mount hardware have been custom built.

Be Well!

Fireheart