Sign in to follow this  
Zoot Allures

Centurion CM-590, coming soon?

VALKYRIE    11

Does anyone know of any retailer who can supply 140mm filters. I've done some searching on the web, but can't find any. :?

With the filters the speed of Airflow decrease about 50% ,therefore decrease the cooling ability of the fan , the speed of the airflow is important ,because only the airspeed above 1.3 m/s can have a efficient heat transfer

495e4808c7cef606e3172b05554b4eb1_gr.png

VALKYRIE    11

Hi Zoot Allures ,when the airspeed velocity decrease and slow down inside the case , the dust start to sit down there ,my idea is to keep the highest "as possible" airspeed ( without noise ) inside the case and avoid dead velocity spots and therefore keep the dust in the air ,therefore I have eliminated all the plastic filters , I use the bottom grill of the CM690 as main air intake because I think the airflow coming inside the case through the front or side grills bring a lot more dust inside the case in comparison of the more protected bottom side grill, I opened the PSU of my CM690 case , to add a few drops of oil to the PSU fan ( preventive maintenance ) , and the PSU after four months was without dust inside, my PSU have the fan facing down to suck only fresh air from outside the case and dont have filter , only the propeller of the PSU was with a little of dust

Fireheart    0

Shouldn't need to put a filter on the Outgoing air-stream, but only incoming. So, with the air-stream dampening effects of the filters, one merely needs to be sure that there is twice as much incoming air 'area' as outgoing, to retain full airflow.

Be Well!

Fireheart

Anyway, Fireheart, there's no need to filter the air out.

You don't care having dust in the room or not, and you'd better got it away than on your components, huh?

So the exhaust will be better than intake with equal number of rear/front same power fan and filtered intake.

VALKYRIE    11

Here a intresting tutorial about airflow ..... http://www.jmcproducts.com/cooling_info ... tion.shtml

This is part of the tutorial .....

The disadvantage of intake fans is that filters must be changed frequently to eliminate dust accumulation. A clogged filter can severely restrict airflow, causing elevated temperatures in an enclosure that may be more of a problem than the dust itself. Another disadvantage of a fan that pressurizes the system is that air dissipated by the fan motor can slightly warm the incoming air. This can reduce the air's cooling effect. Components that have the most critical cooling requirements should be placed closest to the air inlets. High temperature components should be placed closest to the air outlets.

Thanks for the link. :)

A bottom fan right after the HDD racks in a case like in the CM-690/CM-590 can dramatically ease the cooling of HDD helping the front fan by blowing warm/hot air up to the different exhausts.

I recently experienced on four of my hard disks mounted in their rubber slices behind the front WC radiator in intake.

• IMG_2866.jpg

Now that the ambient temperatures begin to naturally increase in western europe too, I couldn't keep them under 40° with the warmer intake from the watercooling.

Now, all the WC things on maintenance (spring cleaning etc., thanks to Elf Glaceol, all was mostly clean) before an other case integration, the same drives were in the open chassis with "natural" cooling, and again the temps were about 40°+ and decreased with a fan attached on the front blowing a bit.

With my hard-drives the other parts that spread heat on my watercooled rig is the passive 7600GT that maybe take advantage of the rear case fan and a less way, the PSU one 25 cm higher.

The conclusion: an open-air rig is not the best way of cooling the hardware.

milllerr    0

I bought a cm 590 chassis and ordered a Coolermaster Transparent Acrylic Side Window Panel (Black) at the same time. Unfortunately, when the side panel arrived, some of the fixings that hold the acrylic window to the metal panel were missing. I didn't want to go through the hassle of returning it, but the retailer doesn’t seem to be able to source the fixings. The fixings are made of plastic with a male and female part. Does anyone know of anywhere or something similar, where I could buy these fixings? I’ve tried looking in the Coolermaster shop.