Sign in to follow this  
Maxession

Aquagate Max details

dubzhouse    0

Is it not working correctly? Is it cooling like it should?

I also bought one and im waiting for it to arrive.

What case did you put it in?

SharkBait    0

I have the CM Stacker 830 - Nvidia Edition. The case isn't as big in the inside as you might think. My flowmeter is hardly moving, yet my cpu temp is 32 at idle. I haven't checked my 2x 8800GTX temps. My install isn't looking that good as well, cause this is my first time and I am still getting ideas... :oops:

Raffman    0

I bought this cooler and am having problems with the install. When I plug in the USB cable from the cooler to the Motherboard and EVGA780i it causes the system to boot very very slow. I have tried it on a different MB and get and error saying the USB is at capcity and to remove extra USB products and reboot it then shuts down the ststem, even if it's the only USB item pluged in. I have the Cosmos1010 case should I plug the Aquagate directly into the ESA board? Please help ASAP.

kerneld    0

Whatever you do, DON'T connect the USB cable coming from the Aquagate Max to the Cosmos 1010 ESA control board USB header. Both (and eventually a third if you had an ESA Power Supply) need to be connected, separately, to the motherboard's usb interface.

Ok, to put it another way.. The ESA system is a unified SOFTWARE layer. It's a sort of standard set forth by nVidia, in cooperation with several manufacturers, to have one centralized way to monitor and configure everything inside your computer case. This works using the very normal and ubiquitous usb connections. So you have to connect the Aquagate Max's usb plug, to one of the motherboard's usb header, and a SEPARATE one for the Cosmos 1010 ESA control board usb plug to another motherboard usb header. The software (nForce, for example) would then detect these devices connected to your system and communicate with them.

Are you sure the cable is connected properly? It's a 5-pin plug on both sides and they have to be properly oriented (if you look closely, one of the sides has a black, usually thicker, wire -- that's the ground wire). You need to read the Cosmos manual to figure out the proper orientation for the plug on the ESA control board, and then check your motherboard's manual to find out the same.. Repeat for the Aquagate..

If this doesn't solve it then I have no idea.. Myself, I'm in the final stages of building a rig with ESA chassis (Cosmos), ESA watercooling (Aquagate) and an ESA Power Supply.. I don't want to give up the onboard usb headers (which would mean that I wouldn't be able to connect the Cosmos front panel usb plugs), so I'm thinking about using usb cables with 5-pin IDC female connectors on one end and USB type A male on the other, connect the 3 to an unpowered micro USB hub, and then just route the hub's cable to the outside of the chassis, and connect it to one of the back panel's usb slots. Not pretty, but I'm pretty sure it'll do the job very nicely, with the added benefit that they'll be "plug & play". I can disconnect and reconnect them for debugging purposes or if the usb "stack" get's corrupted.

Cheers!

kerneld    0
I have the CM Stacker 830 - Nvidia Edition. The case isn't as big in the inside as you might think. My flowmeter is hardly moving, yet my cpu temp is 32 at idle. I haven't checked my 2x 8800GTX temps. My install isn't looking that good as well, cause this is my first time and I am still getting ideas... :oops:

I've read somewhere that the coolant that comes with the Aquagate is a bit thick (in terms of viscosity) and/or that the flowmeter doesn't really spin all that fast. Just out of curiosity, what are you cooling in your loop, is it just the cpu, or have you added anything else (like your 2 8800GTX)? Which cpu are we talking about? 'Cause 32C idle seems fairly normal..

Raffman    0

I tried two different motherboards connecting the Aquagate Max to USB on the boards. The first would not let the system even boot or post, it just gave me and error about the USB circut is max out and to remove some of the USB connections, the only connection was the Aquagate Max at the time. The other board is the EVGA 780i ESA ready MB, it boots and is very very slow with the cooler plugged in to the MB. I am pretty sure I have the connetions correct and I am think maybe I have a defective cooler.

Carbonite    0

I just wish they would make a set up that includes red liquid and red resevoir so I can put it in my Cosmos S now. Never been one to like the green and blue setups. Thats one of the reasons I chose the Cosmos S. Suits itself perfectly with the red.

Anish    0

i dont really know what ESA is but it will connect on an Intel 945GNT mobo right...and get attched on top of a pentuim D in a cooler master praetorian 731 case??

Coltch    0

Anish,

There is no need to connect the USB cable, my motherboard isn't ESA ready so I just didn't bother with the cable.

kerneld,

I have some concerns with the temps/flowmeter, on my X2 3800+ (OC'd 2.7GHz) it sits idle between 25C & 32C (depending on the weather), under load it goes as high as 48C.

The temps from my HD2900XT fitted with a Glacier 600 are quite good which is on the same loop as the CPU.