Sign in to follow this  
VALKYRIE

Please prolong the nylon protection of the PSU cables

VALKYRIE    11

I my opinion the Nylon sleeve protection of the wires must cover the wires of the PSU till inside the PSU , this is the reason I have choosen and bought a Seasonic 650W PSU instead of a 750W Coolermaster, because the wires of the Seasonic PSU are fully covered with nylon , the Nylon reach the inside of the PSU

]COOLERMASTER PSU

10nnnn.jpg

SEASONIC PSU

top.jpg

openbbb.jpg

Zenphic    0

Does it matter though? And if the nylon reaches the inside of the power supply, wouldn't it be easier to be damaged since it's rubbing on a metal edge?

VALKYRIE    11
And if the nylon reaches the inside of the power supply, wouldn't it be easier to be damaged since it's rubbing on a metal edge?

The metal copper inside the plastic wire is not necessary unbreakable , if the user bend the cable many many times at the same place the metal atoms can start to move increasing the electric resistance , this is the reason that all the electric wires have a rubber reinforcement where the wire reaches the connection ,to avoid movement, see the tick black cable that is attached to the power supply from the outside the case , the wires at the place where the cables reach the PSU must be protected and reinforced as much as possible to avoid movement in that place

ENERMAX PSU

imageviewggg.jpg

use20for20all20crossover20cables.jpg

RaptorFury    0

kinda a odd reason not to purchase a psu . when i go psu shopping its for stability and amperage wattage and its ability to handle em . not the sleeving . thats a bonus . a lot of times the sleeving will move round shortening it and such because of all the twisting and bending of the wires .

VALKYRIE    11
kinda a odd reason not to purchase a psu . when i go psu shopping its for stability and amperage wattage and its ability to handle em . not the sleeving . thats a bonus . a lot of times the sleeving will move round shortening it and such because of all the twisting and bending of the wires .

I have choosen the Seasonic for stability amperage wattage and also because the fully sleeving

Zenphic    0

I always thought that sleeving was just an aesthetic touch. I never thought it was meant for protection... anyway, some of the cables of the Seasonic aren't completely sleeved :P

Nevertheless, it's always nice to see sleeving all the way into the psu's casing

Fireheart    0

I agree, full sleeving of the cables, from within the casing all the way to the plug, just looks more professional. It keeps the cables neat and offers them some small additional protection - if only by keeping the individual wires together.

Be Well!

Fireheart