Sign in to follow this  
jhage

Aero Blower AAB-V81

Mr. Miyagi    2

It can be installed anywhere. There is a person in "Post your setup", I forget his name, but he had a number of them.

jtag    0

how does the air flow from this fan? if i install it at my top panel, meaning it's protruding out from the case, will it be intake? can it be configured so it would be an exhaust fan but it's still protruding outside my case?

Mr. Miyagi    2

If it is installed on the outside of your panel, then it would be intake. If you want it to be exhaust, then you need to install it on the inside. I don't think there is a way to configure it to be exhaust on the outside.

jtag    0

ok. what if i reverse the wires? plus the positive +12V of the fan to the ground wire of the psu and vice-vers, even if it means that my warrranty will be void, you think the direction will change so as it will become an exhaust fan?

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

no its not like traditional fans, its desinged to blow a square of air downwards. be warned they are very loud.

jtag    0

i mean, if i reverse the wires, it's supposed to spin in the opposite direction. will it work? don't wanna burn $18 just to check it out (price in the phils).

i don't mind the noise really.

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

if ti spins the other way its probabbly not gonna cool anything its designed to work the way it does no other way as its not your traditional axial fan

jtag    0

i'm gonna put it on the top panel of my casing. so it's not really "cooling" something, it's getting rid of the hot air on top of the case plus a cool fan on top :D

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

but it won't its designed to blow downwards, just stick an 80up there and stick a blower on the side of the case blowing in. go look at how a blower works becasue what you are proposing is simply stupid it won't work