Sign in to follow this  
Okartee

real power pro 650 won't power up

Okartee    0

Ok, have an intel D946GZIS motherboard. Everything was working fine before changes. Purchased a new evga nvidia 880gts video card and RS-650-ACAA-A1 power supply to handle the load. Began by removing the old power supply and installing the new power supply. Hooked up P1 and P2 to the motherboard. Turned on the power-switch on the power supply. Nothing happened. Hit the power switch on the front of the case and heard a slight noise (and the red LED on the power supply came on) from the power supply but nothing else. No fans or motherboard beeping.

Is there a jumper or something I need to be paying attention to? I didn't have a power switch on the power supply before.

Thanks and any speedy reply would be great. Got Crysis for Christmas and can't play with it.

EsaT    0

Try starting PSU without anything connected by connecting green wire to black from 24pin ATX connector and see does it demand load to start.

Basing to that I can't find anything with that code from CM's site it might be older model and when higher efficiency PSUs started to appear there was problems because some motherboards had "soft-start" starting motherboard part by part to avoid instant power draw. (which doesn't work when PSU expects instant load)

8800GTS peaks just little above 100W and basing to motherboard you have probably C2D so it's good bet previous PSU (unless total junk) would work if you're in hurry to play Crysis.

Okartee    0

:D Many Thanks!

The old one is a 350. I am going to use the supplied adapter to connect to two free power leads.

I will check the power supply as you suggested.

EsaT    0

350W would be enough if it's modern PSU but old designs (if 5V is anything over 30A its old) would be stressed by 12V heavy crossload.

Also quality affects much in that case.

atmadden    0

Looks like your having same problem as me I have had 2 M700 psu's and neither will startup my P35 chipset mobo. Bought a corsair 620w psu and this works perfectly aswell as my old psu which was struggling with a quad core cpu. These psu's seem to have a lot of problems!