Sign in to follow this  
phineas

CM690 Bottom fan bracket misaligned. Help!

phineas    0

I'm just wondering if anybody else has been having this problem.

I was hoping to put an extra intake fan in the bottom of my 690, but when I tried to put screws through the bottom of the bracket as indicated in the manual I realized that the holes in the bracket and the holes in the metal case are misaligned. Thus, the case is covering the screw holes in the plastic bracket. I can't mount my 120mm fan unless I tie it down, and that's just tacky.

Anybody else having this problem?

VALKYRIE    9

Hi, strange problem , I dont know , may be you can ask for a replacement or may be take out the plastic bracket and attach the fan direct into the bottom holes of the metal chassis , or better ask advice to Coolermaster moderator

regards

phineas    0

Thanks.

The weird thing is I already ordered a replacement bracket and discovered that the bracket wasn't the problem. It's actually the metal case which seems to have the holes misaligned. I'm not yet ready to take a power drill to my case.

VALKYRIE    9

In my opinion this is a indicator of bad quality in a cheap case, I understand that COOLERMASTER want to offer the lowest price , to sell fast and easy a lot of cases , but I think they also must keep an eye in the quality of the case , for example ,I dont care to pay more money if I can get cases made with better stronger materials and more accurate assembly , look for example the bottom holes under the PSU of the CM690 , that group of holes are not made specific to be under the PSU , that holes have a shape and belong to the installation of a fan grill , I hope COOLERMASTER as soon as possible can make a revision of this case to correct some defects

ru7hl355    0

just to clear things up, you are trying to screw in a fan onto the bottom bracket while its still in the case.

i had to take the bracket out, attach the fan and then re-attach the bracket to the case.

phineas    0

I have tried attaching the fan to the bracket and then installing the fan/bracket assembly to the case. Unfortunately, my screws are not completely flush with the surface of the bracket and I cannot secure it completely to the case. It may be that I need to find new screws. I'm not even sure where to find fan screws.

But on pg. 9 of the case manual, the diagram clearly shows the fan screws going up from the bottom of the case and attaching the fan to the bracket.

This may simply be an error in my case. I've looked at those pictures and I can't really get a good look at how they were able to screw the fans in.

VALKYRIE    9
just to clear things up, you are trying to screw in a fan onto the bottom bracket while its still in the case.

i had to take the bracket out, attach the fan and then re-attach the bracket to the case.

I got this CM690 case today and yes , the same problem ,if we dont want to drill extra holes ,I think the idea of ru7hl355 is good , but we must use the same very small head screws used to attach the side 120mm fan to the side panel

Usually in the big cities are a few very specific stores that sell all kind shape and size of screws

johnny123    0

I've had to put an extra dust filter for the bottom fan as it really sucks a heap of fine dust in (the worst kind of dust).