Sign in to follow this  
Natesuniverse

Updated Praetorian

IMO cases that sport the pricetags that we are seeing need to be Aluminum and not plastic. We pay too much for anything less. That is the most disappointing thing for me as a customer. I LOVE Coolermaster cases but I cannot continue to buy from them if they don't offer a viable All-Aluminum case. SilverStone does for a few $$ more than the Cosmos S.

I think you mean pure alluminum right,? because the cosmos-s is all alluminum, the steel is gone(seen in the previous cosmos). So I think what you are referring to is something that is pure alluminum, no plastic in it on the outside. correct?

Have you looked at our CM 690/Centurion 590?

Centurion 590:

file1203073576645.jpg

CM 690:

file1187734770138.jpg

They may not be as big, but I personally know that the 690 has sufficient space for two 8800 GTX with no problem.

I think you mean pure alluminum right,? because the cosmos-s is all alluminum, the steel is gone(seen in the previous cosmos). So I think what you are referring to is something that is pure alluminum, no plastic in it on the outside. correct?

Have you looked at our CM 690/Centurion 590?

Centurion 590:

file1203073576645.jpg

CM 690:

file1187734770138.jpg

They may not be as big, but I personally know that the 690 has sufficient space for two 8800 GTX with no problem.

Both those cases have significant amounts of plastic trim on the exterior. Along with the Cosmos S. Yes, I am referring to a case with NO plastic. Spending $250 on a case and getting anything less than aluminum without plastic parts is crazy.

But I must add that Coolermaster has become a good budget case company as demonstrated by the cases you posted. This is a good thing, but they used to be a good top-end company. An all aluminum case has long been the luxury model of the computer chassis world. Where is Coolermaster? It would be like Ferrari suddenly announcing that they were going to produce budget boxes and stop producing sports cars.

Both those cases have significant amounts of plastic trim on the exterior. Along with the Cosmos S. Yes, I am referring to a case with NO plastic. Spending $250 on a case and getting anything less than aluminum without plastic parts is crazy.

But I must add that Coolermaster has become a good budget case company as demonstrated by the cases you posted. This is a good thing, but they used to be a good top-end company. An all aluminum case has long been the luxury model of the computer chassis world. Where is Coolermaster? It would be like Ferrari suddenly announcing that they were going to produce budget boxes and stop producing sports cars.

ahhhh i got you now ok.

Ive had all aluminum cases myself so i know what you are coming from. The main reason why i think they have plastic is because of noise reduction. If its all aluminum, its going to bend and one way or that creates humming, vibration and ultimately noise. But you know what, it wouldn't hurt to give choice. We may not go all aluminum but it wouldn't hurt to give an option or two on an all aluminum case.

thanks for the feedback :)

Thank You for taking the time to listen. It is much appreciated. BTW I have built 30 computers in the last few years and all of them that I have chosen the parts for have been in a Coolermaster case.

Fireheart    0

Thinking back, was the Wavemaster the last CM case with all aluminum construction and surfaces? It seems the Cavalier was almost all metal construction and surfaces, but I believe the chassis was SEC. Oh, and there was the Mystique... That was a lovely case! (And I mean the original, not the 63X versions, with the clam-shell doors, although those were handsome too, just not 'all metal'.) Why were those all phased out, I wonder?

And if the answer is that all of that metal was Costly, then why not melt down those Solid Metal 'rollbars' on the Cosmos and spend that weight on replacing the plastic louvers, scoops, and vents? There is no part of a Simple case design, like the Cosmos, that couldn't be done Better in metals, rather than the current plastics. (I'll grant that the complex shapes on the Stacker 83X might be difficult/costly to render in metals.)

The 'answer' to 'bending, humming, vibration, and noise' is 'quality manufacturing', Not a cheaper, more forgiving material, like plastic. There is no reason why Taiwanese manufacturing should become synonymous with 'cheap', like China's has.

Be Well!

Fireheart

yea that silverstone looks pretty nice.....although newegg prices it for 300 bux *gag* can anyone say ripoff....lol

It has been shown to cool better than the Cosmos S. It has been shown to be quieter and there is not a plastic part on it, with the exception of the handles for the hard drive trays. It is Quality with a capital Q. And I found a deal online where I got one for the same price as a Cosmos S. It is exactly what the Praetorian used to be. It is something that Coolermaster lacks in its lineup. Truth be told, if Coolermaster had a case like that, I would buy from them over Silverstone.

Way to go with the introduction of the ATCS 840. It looks like a great case. I just wish that it would have come out before I bought my Silverstone (which I love). One can never have too many options.

Icejon    0

I am glad you love the styling of the ATCS 840. We want to return to the all classic aluminum design but adding new benefits like removable motherboard trays and 230mm fans. How badly do you miss the praetorian series? That truely was a classic all aluminum design.

Way to go with the introduction of the ATCS 840. It looks like a great case. I just wish that it would have come out before I bought my Silverstone (which I love). One can never have too many options.