Sign in to follow this  
Natesuniverse

Updated Praetorian

The black Cosmos looks good. One question I still have is whether the edges of the front and top (the curved panels) are plastic. I recently purchased a 690 for a friend and was disappointed by the plastic corners.

Fireheart    0
It wasn't off topic

COOLERMASTER 80mm exhaust fan

COOLERMASTER 80mm intake Fan

So who looks dumb now?

BE WELL

Excellent. And to prove your point, you have posted pictures of a Mini-Tower - Which uses a 120mm Intake fan in the front and has openings for two 80s (optional) in the back. Mini-Towers usually have to skimp on size and features, because they are compact.

And you've posted a picture of the ancient Centurion, precisely the single model of Mid-Tower that Anarchy[HWLUXX] and I mentioned in our posts.

I appreciate your efforts, but I'm not finding your argument compelling.

And I really do wish you all well,

Be Well!

Fireheart

Fireheart    0
The black Cosmos looks good. One question I still have is whether the edges of the front and top (the curved panels) are plastic. I recently purchased a 690 for a friend and was disappointed by the plastic corners.

I agree, the proposed new Cosmos does look good, but I suspect it will have More plastic than the previous model, rather than less. Those front and top panels, as well as the curvaceous side-scoops. On the other hand, I heard that the chassis-frame of this model is also aluminum, instead of Steel.

If you check out some of the Cosmos modding threads on the forum, you'll see the parts that are plastic - particularly the top-rear vent-cover.

Not having seen it myself, with only a few photos to go on, I do note that it does appear to have the covered ports that were previously suggested on this forum. Yay us, we've helped CM design a better case!

Be Well!

Fireheart

VALKYRIE    11

CoolerMaster WaveMaster Aluminium PC Case

340full.jpg

80mm exhaust fan

I appreciate your efforts very much , but I'm not get your argument acceptable

BE WEll

Admittedly, it's another curvy, scoop-covered, 'modern' design, but it does have more aluminum than before and it's black.

One advantage of using plastic on the top and face of a case is that plastic doesn't collect fingerprints as easily as metal. Also, it's easier to mold curves in plastics.

I must say that I am glad to see a black Cosmos forthcoming. I must say that the anodized aluminum does not show prints that easily and is a GREAT material for a case exterior. What Coolermaster ought to do is make a Cosmos Metal edition where for a few extra bucks you get a case with stamped metal pieces where the plastic ones are now. That is if they are opposed to the idea of bringing back the Praetorian line that shared their chassis with the Wavemaster pictured above. I love that case. I have a silver and a black one. The coolest part is the thick plank of aluminum that is the faceplace for the case. Even the door covering the front panel I/O is made of aluminum.

I found my updated Praetorian. It is the Silverstone TJ-09. That is a BEAUTIFUL case. IMO it is a better case than the Cosmos or even the Cosmos S. If Coolermaster would get back to making cases like that one, they would see their customers remain loyal.

Zenphic    0

Silverstone definitely makes some nice looking cases, thanks to all that aluminum. They sort of remind me of Lian Li, heheh... Silverstone, "Lian-Li Junior" :D

I found my updated Praetorian. It is the Silverstone TJ-09. That is a BEAUTIFUL case. IMO it is a better case than the Cosmos or even the Cosmos S. If Coolermaster would get back to making cases like that one, they would see their customers remain loyal.

Outside is nice but inside is idk.

It really just depends on personal taste.

Like me for example like the outside of that case you mentioned but the inside is just weird as well as the back side of the case, idk the grill just doesn't look right, but other people love the grill and the inside, so who am i to judge?

I like the Cosmos 1k over the S but some pplz like that S over the 1k again goes back to personal taste.

Outside is nice but inside is idk.

It really just depends on personal taste.

Like me for example like the outside of that case you mentioned but the inside is just weird as well as the back side of the case, idk the grill just doesn't look right, but other people love the grill and the inside, so who am i to judge?

I like the Cosmos 1k over the S but some pplz like that S over the 1k again goes back to personal taste.

The cooling on it is supposedly better than even the Cosmos S with its 240 mm fan. That vent on the side blows cool air right onto the Video Card. It does look a little strange but it does work wonders.

You are right, however, that it boils down to taste.

IMO cases that sport the pricetags that we are seeing need to be Aluminum and not plastic. We pay too much for anything less. That is the most disappointing thing for me as a customer. I LOVE Coolermaster cases but I cannot continue to buy from them if they don't offer a viable All-Aluminum case. SilverStone does for a few $$ more than the Cosmos S.