Sign in to follow this  
Natesuniverse

Updated Praetorian

The product that I would like to see released is an updated Praetorian. One that takes the look of the Cooler Master Black PAC-T01-EK Praetorian. It would be awesome if it incorporated 120 mm fans instead of the 80 mm ones on that model. I am almost sad that Cooler Master is getting away from the all metal cases like the Centurion and Praetorian. The new cases have GREAT features but the facade lacks the polish that the all metal exterior provided.

All the computers I have built, both professionally and for myself, have been in either a Praetorian PAC or a Centurion 5 CAC case. I just wish that I could continue to use my Praetorian with my future upgrades but I am hesitant to, when I think of the better cooling provided by cases with 120 mm fans.

That is why I think that the clean looks of the old Praetorian case and bigger cooling fans would be an instant hit.

VALKYRIE    9

I cant believe that Coolermaster is still making Cases with 80mm cooling Fans ?, after all the information about the many advantages of the 120/140mm fans , unbeliveable

I cant believe that Coolermaster is still making Cases with 80mm cooling Fans ?, after all the information about the many advantages of the 120/140mm fans , unbeliveable

LoooooooooooL - Off Topic AND completely useless.

Out of 14 cases listed in "Middle Towers" the only case with a 80mm fan is the damn old Centurion 5, all others have 120mm.

Next time check the facts before posting nonsense.

Oh, and the Praetorian Series is dead for quite some time.

----------------------------------------------------------

On-Toipc :

I'd really like to see the Praetorian / Wavemaster Series resurrected - and i'm talkin bout the ATCSTek style cases not the lousy 73* ones.

CM brought the full-aluminium tower to the masses, and now there's no Mid-sized model from CM i'd concider buy-worthy :cry:

That's why i sold some of my 18 ATCS (6 are gone) and got myself a Lian-Li PC-767

I'd really like to see the Praetorian / Wavemaster Series resurrected - and i'm talkin bout the ATCSTek style cases not the lousy 73* ones.

CM brought the full-aluminium tower to the masses, and now there's no Mid-sized model from CM i'd concider buy-worthy :cry:

I know, I can't believe that there hasn't been more of an outcry at the removal of the Praetorian line. I have 2 of them myself. One silver and one black. But I wouldn't run anything newer than an X2 system in them.

":1fic9jz6]

LoooooooooooL - Off Topic AND completely useless.

Out of 14 cases listed in "Middle Towers" the only case with a 80mm fan is the damn old Centurion 5, all others have 120mm.

Next time check the facts before posting nonsense.

Oh, and the Praetorian Series is dead for quite some time.

It wasn't off topic, the original poster was debating on better cooling cases versus the better looking case that had worse cooling, the second poster agreed with the worse cooling part.

Nor did he post anything factually incorrect.

Don't jump on others whilst making yourself look dumb.

Fireheart    0
It wasn't off topic, the original poster was debating on better cooling cases versus the better looking case that had worse cooling, the second poster agreed with the worse cooling part.

It Was off topic, the OP was asking for a Praetorian with upgraded fans. The responder waxed sarcastic about CM making cases with such outdated hardware as 80 mm fans. Anarchy[HWLUXX] responded by pointing out that, out of all of the 'Mid Towers' currently produced by CM, only one of them uses 80 mm fans and it's no doubt slated for replacement soon.

So who looks dumb now?

Anyway, yes, some of those older cases have Classic design. Sure, it's just a metal box, but it's a very handsome metal box. So many of the latest case designs have more vents and scoops and fins and grills and curvy-bits than an Edsel!

A computer case doesn't have to be furniture, or sculpture - sometimes it's just a housing for some electronics - and a nice, well designed, tightly built, 'metal box' is all that is needed, or wanted.

Be Well!

Fireheart

It is interesting that the PC case market seems to be doing the opposite of Apple with its MAC line. The Mac cheese grater has very clean lines and is well recieved by those who are Mac inclined. Lian Li makes a clean lined case but when you look at CoolerMaster and Antec there are no clean lined cases. Not since the Praetorian. It has been so much fun to mod the Praetorian because it is such a blank canvas. I have tried to keep its minimalist design intact as I have modded. When I look at the Cosmos or the 690 case I just think of what pieces I will have to remove from the chassis to build a case with clean lines. If CoolerMaster updated the Praetorian I would have my clean lined blank canvas again.

I also know that many non gamers out there want a computer that is not gaudy and can fade into the background in a room. The black Praetorian could do that.

I miss the old Praetorian.

I think at least the Cosmos should be free of plastic trim (plastic visible on the outside of the case). For $180 U.S. I think that plastic should not even be considered as a material for the exterior of the case.

Or if an all metal case is not forthcoming, then, at least, you need to make a BLACK Cosmos case.

Fireheart    0

Like this one?

http://forum.coolermaster.com/viewtopic.php?t=9047

Admittedly, it's another curvy, scoop-covered, 'modern' design, but it does have more aluminum than before and it's black.

One advantage of using plastic on the top and face of a case is that plastic doesn't collect fingerprints as easily as metal. Also, it's easier to mold curves in plastics.

Be Well!

Fireheart

VALKYRIE    9

It Was off topic, the OP was asking for a Praetorian with upgraded fans. The responder waxed sarcastic about CM making cases with such outdated hardware as 80 mm fans. Anarchy[HWLUXX] responded by pointing out that, out of all of the 'Mid Towers' currently produced by CM, only one of them uses 80 mm fans and it's no doubt slated for replacement soon.

So who looks dumb now?

Anyway, yes, some of those older cases have Classic design. Sure, it's just a metal box, but it's a very handsome metal box. So many of the latest case designs have more vents and scoops and fins and grills and curvy-bits than an Edsel!

A computer case doesn't have to be furniture, or sculpture - sometimes it's just a housing for some electronics - and a nice, well designed, tightly built, 'metal box' is all that is needed, or wanted.

Be Well!

Fireheart

It wasn't off topic

COOLERMASTER 80mm exhaust fan centurion_b541_case_13.jpg

COOLERMASTER 80mm intake Fan

cent5-055.jpg

So who looks dumb now?

BE WELL