Sign in to follow this  
Tamco

Real Power Pro 1000W

Tamco    0

Hi, first post here on the forum but have a question i hope can be answered.

I`ve been considering purchasing the Real Power Pro 1000W power supply & have studied numerous reviews on this item. What i`de like to know is why in some reviews are the number 3 & 4 - 12volt rails 18amps,when others report 28amps on the specification sticker on the side of the unit. I`m very confused over this , can anyone enlighten me on this issue.

Cheers

TabSpace    0

I dont feel like pulling mine out to look at the sticker but the 12v rails should be split up evenly at 18 amps each. if not you would seriously cripple the other 12v rails

the 3.3v rail is 25 a and the 5v rail is 30 amps.

this could be the confusion.

I hate math but here goes;

with 2 28amp rails and the other 4 at 18 amps...total of 1536 watts

thats not including the other 220watts from the other 4 rails.

can anyone confirm this?

Tamco    0

Hi, Thanks for the reply but i was not talking about thr 3.3v or 5v rails but the discrepancy in the different specification stickers depending on what reviewer you read. Also , the downloadable product pfd file on this site for the RS-A00-EMBA also shows rail 3 & 4 as having 28amps. Take a look for yourself.

http://www.coolermaster.com/products/pr ... 22&id=2519

Thanks

TabSpace    0

I think that that must be a typo

I did the math again and thats over 1500 watts at full load.

WAV watts=Amps x Volts

unless they dont expect anyone to ever hit full load.

if you look at the 80 plus verification pdf it states they used 12 amps across all rails for the test. if those two rails actually were 28 amps they would have had to use more amps on those rails. you'd think.

EDIT-I just remembered i still have my box. Your right even my box says v3 and v4 are 28 amps. the only thing I can think of is that the power supply no matter what combination you use will only output 960watts of power for those 6 rails. if thats the case i can very well believe that they are 28 amp rails.

I bet they are the pci-e connectors to deal with draw from video cards.

EsaT    0
Your right even my box says v3 and v4 are 28 amps. the only thing I can think of is that the power supply no matter what combination you use will only output 960watts of power for those 6 rails.
Exactly...

That's why it's generally advisable to use that "wetware" between ears.