Sign in to follow this  
kryppie

CM 690 fan setup

kryppie    0

I just got my new custom computer in the new CM 690 case.

Happen to have a couple of extra 120mm fans lying around that I wouldn't mind throwing in for some extra noise and light. (I enjoy my computer sounding like a jet engine)

Problem is I'm not a tech savvy person. Anyone have any suggestions as to where to mount these and what orientation (intake/exhaust) they should be in?

If you don't already know it comes with 3 stock fans; 1 bottom front, one rear top, and one on the side panel. That leaves 3 open locations, 1 in the side panel next to the aforementioned stock fan, and 2 in the top front. Also the power supply is mounted on the bottom, and I assume that should be taken into account.

phineas    0
then by all means "put-um where u can see-um"

blowing in of course to make give it negative pressure

Blowing fans into the case would create positive pressure (pressure inside > outside). Having fans blowing out would create negative pressure (pressure inside < outside). The new Cosmos 1000 utilizes a negative pressure airflow design.

Also, TabSpace, when you arrange your fans, keep in mind laminar flow. Try to keep your airflow going in the same direction. In the case of the 690, probably front-to-back, bottom-to-top.

VALKYRIE    11
then by all means "put-um where u can see-um"

blowing in of course to make give it negative pressure

Blowing fans into the case would create positive pressure (pressure inside > outside). Having fans blowing out would create negative pressure (pressure inside < outside). The new Cosmos 1000 utilizes a negative pressure airflow design.

Also, TabSpace, when you arrange your fans, keep in mind laminar flow. Try to keep your airflow going in the same direction. In the case of the 690, probably front-to-back, bottom-to-top.

I agree 100% with you , that mean , the transversal Airflow ( leftside to rightside of the case) have the tendency to create turbulence and slowdown the front to back Airflow, therefore the side fans are not always the best , in the following website is a study about AIRFLOW in a computer http://icrontic.com/articles/pc_airflow ... ling_guide

0031nek    0

actually i am having the same questions, jus really can't figure out how to get a good airflow in this CM690, from most of the reviews, they all mentiond bout intake intake intake, i mean then how the air will go out? from the side of those panels?

Also, is it better to have negative or positive pressure?

EsaT    0
Which way is front and back on the fan?
Most fans I've seen have signs showing rotation and airflow directions.

If those aren't marked fans push air toward side where motor has its support.

from most of the reviews, they all mentiond bout intake intake intake, i mean then how the air will go out? from the side of those panels?
Yep, from any hole.
Also, is it better to have negative or positive pressure?
That depends from case. I think negative pressure cooling is easier to make but positive pressure case would be easier to keep clean of dust.

(only few intake routes which can be equipped with filters)

0031nek    0

then between negative and positive pressure? which 1 is a better solution? i'm looking into the perspective of overclockers, with preferred fan cooling.

sararocs    0

I have 6 fans in my case:

1-side

1-front

1-back

1-bottom

2-top

All are intake except the 2 top fans and the 1 back fan

These are my temp readings using hmonitor this very moment:

mainboard= 19 degrees C

CPU1= 28C

CPU1core= 12C