Sign in to follow this  
EasyG

CM Stacker 830 questions: HS/F, fan controller

EasyG    0

Hi there and thanks in advance for any advise, info, etc that folks would be kind enough to provide.

As you can see in the pics, I have a CM Stacker 830. The custom side panel is from Performance-PCs. The chassis has a total of 6 installed S-Flex 1600 RPM fans: 2 front intake, 2 side intake, 1 top exhaust, 1 rear exhaust.

img0002kg5.th.jpg

img0005jt4.th.jpg

Basically, I have 2 questions:

1) I need a fan controller, preferably something like the ZALMAN MFC1 Plus-B, since this has 6 channels and I have 6 case fans. However, I don't know if it's even possible to mount this type of device in a CM Stacker 830's 5.25 drive bays. Does any one know if the Zalman fan controller will mount properly? The controller looks really short, and I'm not sure the locking mechanism in the Stacker will really keep it in place.

2) Can anyone recommend a really really good hs/f that will actually fit in this case? Most of the tower type hs/fs are 150mm and over. Poking a tape measure through the side panel cut out, I figure I have about 147mm of clearance between the CPU and the edge of the S-Flex side panel fan. I'm planning on running quadcore CPU, probably Phenom, but after the recent reviews starting to lean towards Intel. Anyway, I need a really good hs/f, one that will work well with 2 parallel mounted 120mm intake fans. What would Stacker owners recommend?

Again thanks!

Personally, I rate the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, it's not a Coolermaster product but it fits and is good. The overall dimensions are 107 x 96.5 x 126.5 mm. I use the socket 775 version Freezer 7 Pro.

Incidentally, what is the depth of those fan filters? I realise they are 120mm ones I'm guessing from Performance-pcs again, but the actual depth of them is the measurement I need, is it more than 4mm?

I can't help with the Zalman question.

EasyG    0
Personally, I rate the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, it's not a Coolermaster product but it fits and is good. The overall dimensions are 107 x 96.5 x 126.5 mm. I use the socket 775 version Freezer 7 Pro.

Incidentally, what is the depth of those fan filters? I realise they are 120mm ones I'm guessing from Performance-pcs again, but the actual depth of them is the measurement I need, is it more than 4mm?

I can't help with the Zalman question.

Yes, you're right. They are about 4mm in thickness, externally mounted over the fan cutouts. I got them from Performance-PCs as you guessed. FilterRight 120mm fan filters:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/ ... ts_id=2275

EsaT    0
Does any one know if the Zalman fan controller will mount properly? The controller looks really short, and I'm not sure the locking mechanism in the Stacker will really keep it in place.
Well, if you have the case in front of you it should be easy to check can you use screws in both lower and upper attaching holes near front.