Sign in to follow this  
VALKYRIE

CM690 with the Hard disk cage turned in a wrong way,

VALKYRIE    9

Hello , in my opinion the orientation of the hard disk drive cage of the CM690, can restrict the airflow into the case , look at this AirFlow Cases Laboratory Test , to check , how the orientation of the walls of the Hard disk cage parallel to the side panels of the case give the best airflow in the Cooler Master Stackler , Akasa Mirage and Antec P180 , in comparison with the other cases in which the hard drive rack is turned in a wrong way ,restricting the air flow from the front intake fan,

http://www.antec.com/pdf/customPC_p180test.pdf

This is part of a review about the CM690 ,I got in magazine CUSTOMPC ( issue 052/january 2008 ) here in London ............."However ,while the hard disk have a dedicated 120mm fan, little air flow will access the main chamber ,as the hard disk cage is mounted perpendicularly to the case " ...........................

this is the problem...44351.jpg

VALKYRIE    9

QUOTE FROM............ "iron_gr"

Bought this case. It's nice, a little more noisy, I expected it more silent.

It has a production error! The ground cable of the IEEE 1394 above the I/O panel is not grounded! It is with the screw that holds the i/o panel in place. I took it from there and grounded myself straight on case.

If you can pass it to the guys that put it together, would be nice.

VALKYRIE    9

:D Hi ,I got this in a australian website....... hppt://forums.whirlpool.net.au ...... ,the owner of this CM690 rotated 90 degrees the Hard drive Rack to face front to back instead to leftside-rightside to improve AirFlow inside the case ,this are his words :

Yes this a nice case for the money

Bought one yesterday without power supply

Had to modify the hard drive bay to increase airflow (rotated 90deg)

Very quiet running 7x120 fans (inc. cpu)

img255.imageshack.us/img...cm690gutsge9.jpg

cm690gutsge9.jpg

LuckyNV    0

If a Yate Loon Low speed @5V is enough to keep 4 drives adequately cooled there is no problem

Rudieman    2

I think he meant also the airflow into the rest of the cage and not only the HDD's. But that was almost a year ago!

VALKYRIE    9

:D The CM590 was the answer to my prayers :cheers: , thank you very much Coolermaster :D

kkkkk.jpg