Sign in to follow this  
spiderhole

Cosmos VGA duct and 3.5" bay questions

spiderhole    0

I just transferred my system to a Cosmos case and LOVE the silence and design of this puppy. There are a couple of things I'm wondering though...

1. If I'm using one of those fanless video cards (XFX 7950GT) would I be better off NOT installing the vga cooling duct cover?.

2. The brackets for the 3.5" floppy seem to be hard welded to the bay walls. In the manual it shows them being removed to install the drive then slid back into place. Am I missing something?

3. Would these 3.5" adapter rails need to be removed in order to install the optional HD cooling fan? If so, back to my original question about how to remove them if they seem to be welded on.

Thanks,

M

Starboykb    0
I just transferred my system to a Cosmos case and LOVE the silence and design of this puppy. There are a couple of things I'm wondering though...

1. If I'm using one of those fanless video cards (XFX 7950GT) would I be better off NOT installing the vga cooling duct cover?.

2. The brackets for the 3.5" floppy seem to be hard welded to the bay walls. In the manual it shows them being removed to install the drive then slid back into place. Am I missing something?

3. Would these 3.5" adapter rails need to be removed in order to install the optional HD cooling fan? If so, back to my original question about how to remove them if they seem to be welded on.

Thanks,

M

1) according to some review site. Some say its better to installed the vga duct to reduced the temperature. the best way, ask if there is any optional purchase for VGA duct w/120mm fan slot.

2) there is a four small hole that you need to unscrew around the push locking system.

3) if you mean you mean the hdd rack, yes. but you can also installed the fan on top the HDD bay (where the floppy located)

RaptorFury    0

the 3.5 adapter has really small screws holding it into place . located just below the blue button ( looks like lil slots ) . if you using a fanless card i would recomend using the Vga duct .

spiderhole    0

Thanks for the feedback. Interesting about the vga duct. I would have assumed leaving it more open would be best for a fanless card. I'll do some comparisons under load to see which way is cooler.

-M