Sign in to follow this  
fortinbras

need advise red led on the igreen 600 watt unit...

fortinbras    0

ok good news and bad news, good news is my psu is okay.

bad news is its a problem with the motherboard, this morning i took out the igreen and replaced it with the old one that was connected to the mother board. I press the power button and the fans start for a split second then go dead.

it must be something with the case and the motherboard, im sure i connected the jumpers up ok i consulted teh manual....maybe i gave some static damage in the switch over... i dunno, looks like ill have to get a new one... thanks for all your help everybody! i appreciate it. :)

fortinbras    0

hi there, sorry to bring this up again but i need help!!

I put my mb back into the old case and put the coolmaster psu in, no dice red light indicating volt probs, so i put my old psu in and it works, everything switches on , so there must be something wrong with the coolmaster, my old psu is a 350V icute, i just hooked up the main connectors to the mb, no hdd or dvdroms, just to test it switches on. fans start working and stay on.

with the coolmaster its just dead, red light.

i dunno what my next step should be, do i return it to ebuyer or is it a problem my end? any advise would be apreciated.....

TabSpace    0

try not using the extra 4 pins (you may have to use electrical tape or a plastic zipstrip to keep it off the motherboard) on the 24 pin connector and using the p-2 connector in the 4 pin slot.

Let me know

fortinbras    0

THANK YOU! you have saved me alot of money my friend! it works and switches on, i didnt fry my mb afterall...... doh! if only i had known it was that simple 5 days ago when i was desperatly switching back and forward...anyway its all experience!

thanks again!! :D