Sign in to follow this  
bxmedic

7900 GTX and AQUAGATE Duo Viva???

bxmedic    0

I have 2 7900 GTXs, SLI and am having a bit of trouble keeping them cool. Does any 1 know if the AQUAGATE Duo Viva is compatible and/ or would be a good choice for these cards? I have Zalman VF900s on them now but there is such limited airflow between the 2 cards the top one really heats up and the other one isn't much better w/ a sound card below it.

RaptorFury    0

adjust airflow to blow across em . even goin water cooling you still need ample air flow round the cards and the coolers rad because you have power moduals that need to be cooled by eliminating the air flow they have been getting they will get even hotter ..... you cant allways assume water cooling is the next choice if you cant control your temps with air ... so my opinion is this . fix your current problem with air flow first drop the temps down on the cards with current cooling ( the zalmans ) . suggestions on how to do so , remove side panal , place a house fan a few feet from comp to blow air into the case . watch temps . and to claim your temp dont decrease is BS because i know better then that .... also you may wanna try cleaning the coolers and fans on all components ...

bxmedic    0

Thanx for reply. I should have been more clear. The temps are 'ok" (40c idle and 70c heavy load Oc'd to 670 core I forget what mem is right now) I know I can get a better Oc out of these cards. I had the both in another machine and had them up to 710mhz core. I am just wondering if maybe I can get that back with the Aquagate. They're in a TT Xaser V http://www.sk.co.yu/2005/08/sktd14d.velika.jpg

right now, and do have some decent cross flow with a 92mm @72 cfm blowing right across them. Just tryin' to squeeze more out of them w/ going with a full water setup.

pedrofilho    0

Visit my work, I used a aquagate to cool down a 7900gtx, also, I did a mod on aquagate, it may help.

See you !

Pedro Torres.