Sign in to follow this  
Tiriosh

Need recommendation on Aftermarket cooling.

Tiriosh    0

Hey, I've got a new PC I'm building and I need help finding a proper aftermarket cooling for the thing, CPU mainly but if it helps cool everything else then all the better.

Case; Cooler-Master Stacker 832 ATX Full Tower.

Motherboard; EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX (sorry for long name)

CPU; Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850, with stock fan so far.

I also have 3 Scythe 120x120x25mm S-FLEX (SFF21F) fans in the side fan-panel of the case, and a 4th I couldn't fit because of wiring in the bottom right corner (which I am unsure whether to set as intake or outtake on the top fan-slot, for best cooling). 1600 RPM and 63.7CFM air-flow. So that's helping as well. Also have the rear-exhaust and front-intake fans that came with the case. (I forget the dimensions at the moment though :? ) PSU has a 120mm fan in it as well. (ThermalTake Toughpower 1200w PSU.)

I think this is the main info I need to provide that'd help on recommending something, if not let me know and I'll post the rest.

Anyways, air-cooled system. Can anyone recommend a cooler? I'm looking at the GeminII (spelled it wrong?), but I want to know whether this would have the highest performance for my setup or not, and if not what would be better and work well with this setup. I'd also seen in Bios while setting up my two of my HDD's to a Raid Array that my CPU was at 77c, idle! (Suffice to say, I'm waiting for better cooling before running the computer again, which includes some Thermal Paste.) So this is important.

Thanks in advance, I can't wait to get everything cool and functional so I can play Crysis on max settings (hopefully, or close enough). 8) Sorry if this is the wrong part of the forums as well for this, couldn't decide between this or Component Cooling.

edit; fixed typo.

Ravynmagi    0

77c idle means your stock hsf isn't installed properly. Stock cooling isn't that bad. Make sure the push pins are turned clockwise (lock position) and all 4 are pressed down until you hear the locking click.

Stock hsf should be adequate for non overclocking.

GeminII is kinda mediocre. You might want to look at the newer Hyper 212.

http://www.coolermaster.com/products/pr ... =1&id=3096