Sign in to follow this  
Demona

Cosmos 1000 + Gemini II= To much heat

Demona    0

Hello,

I have to say I am satisfied by my new pc but there is to much heat inside of it.

My Motherboard is at 45° C and my cpu is at 35° C in normal operating situation going up to 53-55° C the Motherboard and 40° the cpu playing at Team Fortress 2.

My configuration is the following one:

Cooler Master RC-1000-KSN1-GP Cosmos

Asus P5K3 Deluxe/WiFi

Intel Pentium Core 2 DUO E6700

Coolermaster GeminII 6-Pipe CPU Cooler

6 Coolink SWiF-1200 Basic 120mm - Ultra Silent

GeCube X2900XT ATI PCI-E - 512MB GDDR3

Thermalright HR-03 R600

1 Coolink SWiF-920 Basic 92mm - Ultra Silent

ASUS DRW-1814BLT DL LS SATA

Tagan TG700-U25 - Dual Engine Series - 700 Watt

Kingston HyperX DDR3 2Gb -1375Mhz Kit - 2G

WD Caviar SE16 320Gb SATA - WD3200AAJS

Vista OEM Home Premium

Here are some pictures of the inside of my pc + a video.

Immag004.jpg

05112007%28002%29.jpg

05112007%28003%29.jpg

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvZNPP7bx6k

The idea that I have is that the Gemini II is keeping the heat inside the case near the video card not allowing the top fans to work properly and extract the hot air inside the case near the motherboard.

A partial solution was to invert the air flux of the top mid fan.. that cooled the motherboard lowering the temperature to 32° c...

But you understand that having the top central fan pumping air inside the case is not relay a good idea because with the cover on the case it will drag hot air extracted by the other fan and also a lot of dust.

Do you ave some alternative solutions on this problem? I would be very grateful!

n.b. actualy in the pictures you can see the bottom fan on top of the hard drives bays but presently is back on his original position and a extra fan is positioned on top of the hard drive bays.

EsaT    0

Yep, tower heatsink with fins parallel to motherboard is much better with this airflow.

Also your graphic card produces up to 150W of heat and none of it is exhausted directly out of the case... which is bad idea with that kind heat production figure.

About only thing you can do is to change case fans to ones with higher RPM for increasing airflow through it meaning more noise.

(I don't think adding intake fan to bottom would help much)

Demona    0

the point is that i choose the cosmos case hoping to obtain a slient pc also all the fans are silent... adding a noisy fan is not an option.. the Gemini II maby was not the best solution... :oops:

When you change something as integral to cooling as the case, unless it has the same cooling principles as your existing case, you will need to change how you cool your components.

In one of your pictures you have fans running in all 3 axes, the resulting airflow must be all over the place. I recently changed around the internals in my case (on a Stacker through-flow front to back principle) and changed to a cpu cooler that works like Esa described. The resulting airflow straight through the case dropped my temperatures to 20°C for the CPU and 30°C for the motherboard. It also enabled me to remove the fan cooling my graphics card and switch to passive cooling at the same temps for the GPU as before I switched. My pc is cooler and quieter.

Bottom line, change your CPU cooler and have a look to see if your remaining fans are complimenting or fighting each other.

Starboykb    0

why dont you tried using Hyper212 for your CPU and tried if it help. make sure the three fan on top and back side is sucking out the hot air and get one extra 120mm for intake below. i can see that you only put in the hdd which is not a good idea focus one intake cooling from hdd as it draw the heat there as well.

(I don't think adding intake fan to bottom would help much)

i disagree what you said about that. if there is no intake cool air on the bottom, how do you going to intend to cool off the inside heat generate by the hardware? The intake cooling is very important source. Since he brought a first version COSMOS and not the recent ESA version which have a side cooling slot.

Demona    0

as from my post I have the fan on the bottom and a fan on the HD bay.. concering buying a new cooling device and trowing out the Gemini II sure is the most simple solution hehehe but is also expensive!!! Gemini II is not a cheap pice of equipment.. I was thinking more on a fan solution or in a optimizzation of the airflow...

Now I have tried a new fan configuration... 2 top fan extracting air and the back fan putting air inside.. the semperature is not very good 28° C cpu and 40° C che Motherboard but at the moment it seams less critic

Zenphic    0

Hmm. Did you try reseating the cooler and adding a new layer of thermal paste? It's really odd to see your CPU temps that high, especially when there are some people getting good temps with the power supply installed on top and a single fan as exhaust.

Starboykb    0
as from my post I have the fan on the bottom and a fan on the HD bay.. concering buying a new cooling device and trowing out the Gemini II sure is the most simple solution hehehe but is also expensive!!! Gemini II is not a cheap pice of equipment.. I was thinking more on a fan solution or in a optimizzation of the airflow...

Now I have tried a new fan configuration... 2 top fan extracting air and the back fan putting air inside.. the semperature is not very good 28° C cpu and 40° C che Motherboard but at the moment it seams less critic

i think you have done something wrong here. the rear suppose to be extracting the air including the two above after looking at my Cosmos. And i agree zenphic said, tried apply a new thermal on the cpu and see if it help.

Other possible problem could be your motherboard because i seen some like that happen when i install the cpu for my customers. get an update for your bios and see if it helps and check the technical site for your motherboard.

Demona    0

The bios is up to date.... and I would like not to buy any extra expensive hardware.. :lol:

Any way if you think that there is no other solution...

what is the temp c° in your case? cpu and motherboard?

Starboykb    0
The bios is up to date.... and I would like not to buy any extra expensive hardware.. :lol:

Any way if you think that there is no other solution...

what is the temp c° in your case? cpu and motherboard?

sorry since i havent do an upgrade this year. Im still using athlon XP. my original temp use in my previous Cavalier 3 hit me with 51+ C when load and idle in 45+ C. motherboard is around 35+

after i tried moving into my cosmos for test in few days using the normal and same configuration it was able to bring down to 46-49 C during load and idle for around 38-39 C looking at my ntune in none air conditions area using electrical fan only. my motherboard is around 32+

But i didn't check at the night results when i turn on my air conditioner. im sure it going to cool it much lower than my Cavalier 3

i have to admit i need to install another 120mm fan for hdd to lower down the heat there. But dont compare mine old AMD XP cpu on the new one. :wink: