Sign in to follow this  
ElementalDragon

ESA Cosmos

This is more towards CoolerMaster staff.... and possibly other fellow Cosmos owners.

I just read an article on Gizmodo about the Cosmos conforming to ESA Standards, and it showed pictures of what's supposedly an upcoming revision of the case, with a fan hole on the side panel (which doesn't really make sense to me, but whatever), and a thermal control board to control fan speeds and such.

What i'm wondering is.... should this new revised case be released, is there any way that those of us who already own the original Cosmos would be able to get one of those thermal control boards so we can possibly mount it in our non-updated Cosmos's? One thing i've been looking to get for quite a while was a fan controller to keep noise and possibly temperatures down, but since i got the Cosmos, there aren't really any that fit behind the drive bay door that don't cost a small fortune.... in terms of a fan controller anyway. I mean... i wouldn't mind if getting the new side panel with the fan port wasn't an option, since i think that would cut down on the quietness of the case. Even if it would cost a small amount of money for those of us that already own the case to get either the thermal controller or the revised side panel... or both.

Just figured i'd put that out in the air. Love the case, but not too much of a fan of how limited it is on fan speed control.

Again..... this post was targeted more for CoolerMaster staff..... and those of us that own a Cosmos. I'd prefer leaving comments about a completely different case out of the picture.

Maxession    1

Just read another article on it at the Inquirer, so I guess it's true, nice to see CM using the Cosmos for it.

COOLERMASTER IS backing Nvidia's ESA standard to the hilt by announcing the availability of a redesigned version of its Cosmos chassis to support the "green team's" baby spec.

The absurdly named "Cosmos" is one of Coolermaster's best-selling chasses, and it now comes with circuitry to monitor and control fan power in accordance with the ESA standard. The folks at CM reckon that they will have power supplies and watercooling kit supporting the spec out in a few weeks, which should guarantee them a spot as Nvidia's preferred demo kit provider for a good few months.

Regardless of whether they actually sell any of these things, publicity is publicity, folks, and Nvidia shows off a lot of systems in the course of a product cycle. µ

...typical Inq to call a name "absurd". i think Cosmos is a cool name. at least better than the Thermaltake SwordM (and in case you weren't sure... it's not a typo. it's actually "SwordM"... with the M at the end. why, i don't know. the case is hideous too).

Would be nice to hear from CM Staff though about the situation and about my initial question.

The Side Fan is looking so absolutely cheap ... looks like the designers all fled from Coolermaster because it's the worst side fan solution i've seen on a High-End case ...

PS : 140mm fan mounts are worthless for 99% of all users. Why ? Because bout no case uses those, they are expensive and the amount of different 120mm fans on the market is huge.

Oh, and the Front I/O + button part still hast to be redesigned ...

I've got a collection of 18 ATCS cases and CM keeps disappointing me more and more :(

Starboykb    0
":239rycgx]The Side Fan is looking so absolutely cheap ... looks like the designers all fled from Coolermaster because it's the worst side fan solution i've seen on a High-End case ...

PS : 140mm fan mounts are worthless for 99% of all users. Why ? Because bout no case uses those, they are expensive and the amount of different 120mm fans on the market is huge.

Oh, and the Front I/O + button part still hast to be redesigned ...

I've got a collection of 18 ATCS cases and CM keeps disappointing me more and more :(

I agree about the side panel things which start another question too. will it affect the silent performance? it seems like the damper has been removed or maybe not. but im sure there will be sound coming out from there. so silent performance is no more on Cosmos revision version. :roll:

Ravynmagi    0

The addition of the side fan and abandonment of the VGA tunnel is curious.

I suspect this new intake fan will weaken the air flow through the hard drives a bit, especially if the other fan is left at the bottom of the case and not over the hard drives. Hard drive cooling is a bit of a weak point with the default configuration (I got around it with stronger fans and using a single fan over the hard drives).

Also the sound insulation material was removed, at least on one of the side panels.

I guess the designers found this to be more useful. Can't wait to see how that works out.

EsaT    0

If my firts name would be used in US someone might invent to accuse Nvidia from copying of it...

Besides that acronym is already in use. :mrgreen:

The addition of the side fan and abandonment of the VGA tunnel is curious.

I suspect this new intake fan will weaken the air flow through the hard drives a bit, especially if the other fan is left at the bottom of the case and not over the hard drives.

Definitely, it provides lower resistance intake near exhaust fans so while being very effective in providing cooling air for graphic card it essentially causes chassis airflow shortcut.

Also it provides direct escape route for noise if graphic card fan isn't quiet.