Sign in to follow this  
maevius

Coolermaster 534+ (PLUS) Chassis. Will 8800GTX jump in?

maevius    0

Hello.

It's nice to be here amongst other coolermaster enthusiasts.

Recently I have choosen CoolerMaster 534+ (plus) Black for the barebone to my new rig (x38-dq6, Q6600, some other..). But now comes the worst; I'm not sure that 8800GTX card will fit in. Blazing through the net I've found only 1 signature of some guy with 534+ and 8800GTX inside. I have found quite few bad news as well, like 8800GTX won't fit at all to 534 type chassis.

Is there any difference between 534+ and 534?

What's your opinion? Is there a chance to fit that beast?

All best

EsaT    0

Tight fit, but should fit if you can avoid having HD at same level as it.

But there are much better cases (like 690) considering insane heat amount produced by 8800GTX during idling.

maevius    0

Esat: Thanks for your feedback! I deeply appreciate that.

Any idea where could I place my hard drive after removing the hdd bay?

The thing is, that I have already bought 534+ because my seller recommended me too do so. I have no clue about cases, so I simply trusted him. Trusting people might be generally bad idea, so I have been naive I guess. But he insisted that 8800GTX will fit without a problem.

Well, I made some measurements, there's like 27 cm of space so I hope it will get in.

As for heat, well, I have 3x120mm Noctua cooler + 1x80mm Noctua as well. The world inside case is quite cold.

Fireheart    0

EsaT probably didn't mean for you to remove the hard-drive bay from the case, only to not mount a drive at the same level as the card(s) because they can interfere with each other. However, after looking at pictures of the case, I can see your problem!

file1169893911538.jpg

That's going to be a tight fit!

If you do remove the drive bay, you can still mount the HD(s) in the 5.25 area, using either a standard HD-spacer kit like: http://www.coolermaster.nl/shop/product ... ucts_id=49

... a 4-in-3 unit like: http://www.coolermaster.nl/shop/product ... cts_id=222

... or a hard-drive cooler like a CoolDrive 6... well, except those have been discontinued by CM.

Be Well!

Fireheart

RaptorFury    0

i am using a 534 case and using a 2900xt with the mb inverted . putting the video card above the cpu . and it still clears the gtx has the side mounted power connectors as well . so it just be close fit . no hdd bays need to be removed unless you want more airflow ...