Sign in to follow this  
inde

My eXtreme Power Duo 600 (RP-600-PCAR) is eXtremely noisy

the eXtreme Power PSUs are all very noisy!  

7 members have voted

1. 1. the eXtreme Power PSUs are all very noisy!

• Yes.
    • No.

inde    0

First, I had to send the new one for a replacement the second day itself, as the fan was touching the safety grill and making a noise. Then, the replacement is also very noisy and the fan performs at full speed only! I was under the impression that this was supposed to be a "Quiet" PSU. In India, I had to shell something like USD90/- for this one! Any thougths? :(

spy2007    0

i bought the 600w extreme power duo last week....and i'm getting a " tring tring" noise continuously as soon as my system is under load and gpu goes into 3d mode :cry:

I had also initially thought that the fan was hitting the grill, but then why wud the noise come only when my GPU is in 3d mode and system under load??...... i took it back for replacement but they didnt hav a PC with a graphic card at the service centre and so it was returned to me saying it was ok :cry:

spy2007    0

in normal mode i.e. 2d mode the sound is not coming........ i'm screwed, the 120mm fan makes enough noise already, i cud do well without the irritating "trrrrriiiiiinnngggg" ing noise :cry:

spy2007    0

by the way...i'm currently using a paltry 7600GT.......which sudnt evn b stressing this beast of a PSU......i bought it to sustain my new GPU which will most likely be a 8800GT............i wonder what sounds i'll b hearing when i plug that in!!!!! :evil:

inde    0

Well. It certainly is something to do with the fan brushing against the grill. Right when my CPU and GPU were at full load, and when the noise was coming, I just "pulled" at the grill to notice that the noise immediately stopped! The noise resumed the moment I eased the grill back. It looks like a design flaw, and with the way the fan picks up speed and then tends to come down towards the grill. Also, when my chassis is in the horizontal position, there was no noise whatsoever.