Sign in to follow this  
sylvainp

Cosmos power led

sylvainp    0

Hi all, I just finish to build my new PC with the Cosmos 1000.

I also have the Asus Maximus Formula SE and for the power led connection it use a 3 pin connector with a space between the + and the - , but the Cosmos connector is a 2 pins so I cannot plug it on the motherboard.

EX

P=positive

N=Negative

_=space

Asus motherboard power led connector

P_N

Cosmos power led connector

PN

So I cannot put the pins because I would need to have a 3 pins connector with a space between the + and the - to fit the motherboard. I was thinking about disasembled and buy a 3 pins connector and change the pins location but I don't have a 3 pins connector.

Anyone have a trick to make the power led to go on without have to modify anything ?

Thanks

Borgster    0

Hey nice mobo I am probably going to get the same one. I also have a cosmos.. Maybe if you don't get any help here try the Asus Forums I am also a member there and they are very helpful.

But I hope some 1 here can help you since it is CoolerMasters Case and connector that seems to be not the norm for connectivity onto your mobo. The Maximus Formula is a sweet board.

RaptorFury    0

just for info sake the asux boards are different from the other manus . they still have the old style set up the power led . that is 3 but center isnt used while other manus just use the 2 pin style .. there is an adapter that will go from 2 pin style to a 3 pin style ...

slugbug    0

I've run into problems like that too. I really wish all the case and motherboard makers would get together and decide on a standard and stick to it.

For example - front panel audio/USB/Firewire connectors which have separate connectors for each pin instead of a one piece block like some other case makers use.

If you have big fingers like me, it can be a real pain to connect all the individual connectors to the pins.

RaptorFury    0
I've run into problems like that too. I really wish all the case and motherboard makers would get together and decide on a standard and stick to it.

For example - front panel audio/USB/Firewire connectors which have separate connectors for each pin instead of a one piece block like some other case makers use.

If you have big fingers like me, it can be a real pain to connect all the individual connectors to the pins.

some do try to accomidate . but others dont realy care and want to fallow what they want ... which inturns confuses everyone one else ... so companies try to accomidate but to save time money and resoarces its easier to make something fit the majority .. not the minority ...