Sign in to follow this  
atoparis

what do the beeps mean

atoparis    0

centurion 534

what do the beeps mean when i start up the POST beeps what do they mean!!!!!!?????????? and CAN I PLEASE TURN THE VOLUM DOWN!!!???

also is there anyway to control the speed of the fans if i plug them in my mobo through bios?

Maxession    1

See the award bios table here

there are also other sorts if you don't have the Award version

Also, it should be indicated in your motherboard manual.

I don't think you can change the volume in the bios.

Fans can sometimes be controlled in the bios, an example with 3 temps (low temp=not running, medium temp=slow fans, high temp=fast fans)

This depends on your mobo though...

atoparis    0

nah i tried to plug it in to the mobo and all it said in bios was the rpm of the fan which was ungodly... you think if they make a fan that runs as fast as a jet turbine you could turn it down a notch... anyway thanks for you help, i think i figured out the beeping... the cpu fan alarm would beep on startup until the fan started tunring, which was like half a second, so when i turned the cpu fan alarm off, it stopped beeping... is there anyway to control the timing of this, or do you just leave yours off?

i dont think my mobo allows me to control it, my fan has 3 prongs instead of 4... is there an adapter you can buy to allow it to work as you mentioned... to turn a 3 prong into a 4 prong?

thanks

Ravynmagi    0

This is really a motherboard issue instead of a case issue. So it might help to know what motherboard we are talking about...

3 pin fan connectors on motherboards can also control the fan speeds. Though the functionality may not always been in the BIOS (depends on your motherboard).

Usually this would be found somewhere like in "PC Health". You might also try a program called "SpeedFan". Which monitors various things within a computer and can be used to adjust fan speeds as well if they are connected to the motherboard and the motherboard supported.