Sign in to follow this  
ChickenNugget2292

R80 Mini..High Temps..

Hello Everyone,

Well ive been playing with my custom built Desktop for sometime now and cant seem to get my Temps down.. I'm running 50C in Tat. and 39-40 in Speed Fan .. i know i can go up to 85C before throttle' .. you think i should be worried about these temps or no..? These temps seem to me a little high but i could be wrong. I recently switched to a Mini R80 from my stock cooler that came with my chip' seems to me im running the same temps on both. I have Reset and Repasted several times...and the temps don't seem to change..MY Side panel is off with 2 house fans blowing into the case.

My sett up is:

e6600 2.4 Ghz duo Core

cooled by a Mini R80

2Gb DDR2 OCZ High Preformance

I know my Pump is working because i felt it..and its vibrating. I have the Fan on the radiator at full speed.

Ambient Temp' Is 80F - 70F

Speed Fan Tat

Cpu-32c 52c

Cpu2-35 c 53c

O well what you guys think?

knud    128

What does your bios tell you?

This cooler isn't really designed for high-end cpu, but this cpu is only 65w TDP, so should be ok. The idle temp is okay

Thanks for the Replay

My temps in bios are about same as in speed fan 35-39C, you think im better off going with a high end air cooler than? i didn't know that the R80 mini couldn't handle the cpu. is there' one that you might recommend for this Processor?

-Thanks again for the Replay

Hey,

thanks for your replay...I was think of molding the R80 mini to have a Resivor Tank which might give me a few degrees diffrence...Since its almost 2 years old..i used it on a different possessor and when i upgraded.. i just swapped it in.. I dont know if the pump is strong enough but hey its worth the shot to tinker with it i guess...

Anyways..whats a good High end air..cooler for this cpu?

Thanks for your Answer it. :D

knud    128

CoolerMaster GeminII and Hyper 212 will do perfectly!

I've tested them both on a E6600 and was able to get a nice overclock!

(3.8Ghz and 3.7Ghz)

RaptorFury    0

sounds like its a lil tight on the board ... cuasing warpage .... reseat it to the mb . you may wanna try placing 3 - 4 pea sized drops of Thermal paste near the center of the cpu ( between the center and the edges ) . dont spread it evenly because the IHS on the intels are not flat

thanks for your reply.

I did a bb' size drop in the middle and let the the heatsink spread it out. ill try loosing the screws up ..is the 4 small dots better than the one bb sized dot?