Sign in to follow this  
solis3246

Is my motherboard compatable w/ this coolermaster? Need help

solis3246    0

This is my prob. I plugged it all into my board (pretty sure i got it all)

and i get absolutely nothing at all when i try powering it up, ive tried several different plugs that i know work in my house, and ill made sure the switch is on 110. so please help.

my Power Supply - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6817171018

my board - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... pk=ip%2b95

any advice would help allot!

ty!

EsaT    0

Well, there's that question about motherboard and then power button wires being connected right but you can try starting PSU separately without any components attached to it by shorting green wire to black from 24pin ATX cable.

(some of current high efficiency designs need some load for starting but most start that way if they're OK)

Also make sure there aren't any unnecessary standoffs in wrong positions behind motherboard.

solis3246    0

im not really sure if i want to try shorting it out, i'd prolly screw something up..

so do yah think the board and PSU are compatible? I just grabbed what seemed to be the best deal, i figured they'd pretty much all work the same.

Maxession    1

The PSU and motherboard are certainly compatible.

Are you sure you connected the 24pin + 4pin connector on the motherboard?

Try this:

connect PSU, motherboard, CPU, GPU, RAM, HD

does you PSU goes on at least? [url+http://modtown.co.uk/mt/article2.php?id=psumod]You could check your PSU this way.[/url]

Could you maybe also give the rest of the specifications of your PC?

solis3246    0

the thing is, i got the computer from a guy who took the PSU out of it, so i bought my own. and i can't get back into contact w/him. He said it was a dual core proc. and a flip switch, or something like that. and it only has 512mb and a 128mb of PC2100 in it.

oh, and i think he swiped the SATA (i think that's right) cables beforehand. the ones i think that plug into the components, that wouldn't be stopping it from powering would it?

and it has a PCX 256mb video card in it. and a huge fan that's a pain in the :) to get out, it's the Blue Orb II

Maxession    1

PC2100 DDR266 ram is pretty low, it would better be PC3200 DDR400 ram, it should be workin with the 2100 thow, but it does slows down the PC as the memory works slower then the CPU.

Anyway, do you get anything at all on your screen when bootin up?

If not, could you try the above tests I mentioned?

solis3246    0

i'm not using a monitor yet, all i'm doing is plugging the tower into the wall and seeing if it turns on at all. and i get nothing at ALL.

and i don't have any spare wire laying around my house, so i can't do the test.

what about the SATA cables im missing? would that still prevent it from booting at all?