Sign in to follow this  
shrapnel

Operation Coolermaster Real Power Pro 850 W SUCCESSSSSSSS!!!

shrapnel    0

Hi all

I finally took the plunge and went ahead and bought the CM Realpower pro 850 W, despite the many bad customer reviews on the 'Net.

After reading on the Forums that the ones with the "80 PLUS" stickers were fine, I went ahead and bought one which had the required stickers.

I uninstalled my old Coolermaster iGreen power 500 W and installed the new one all by myself.

I then kept my fingers crossed while booting up for the first time and I'm extremely glad (and relieved) to report that everything is going fine (Touch wood !).

There are a couple of points to note.

One, the red light comes on as soon as the Mains are switched on and it turns green as soon as the PC starts booting.

Two, and more important, is that contrary to the reviews on the 'Net, the 12V3 and 12V4 rails have peak currents of 28 amperes and not 18 amperes !!! Very good, as two of the four PCI-e connectors are running exclusively on the 12V3 and 12V4 rails. I, of course attached one of these two PCI-e coonectors to my present gfx card, ATI Radeon 1900XTX. Next month, when I get hold of the 8800GTX , I will use the PCI-e connectors running on the 12V3 and 12V4 rails!!

The other PCI-e connectors will remain unused , at least for sometime, as I'm not too impressed by the benefits of SLI.

I had to take this chance,as in my part of the world (India) the only two reputable PSU companies available are the Antec and the Coolermaster and I had a bad experience with Antec some time ago.

cheerio

shrapnel

EsaT    0
present gfx card, ATI Radeon 1900XTX. Next month, when I get hold of the 8800GTX...
So even peak load of PSU will be very probably under 300W
The other PCI-e connectors will remain unused , at least for sometime, as I'm not too impressed by the benefits of SLI.
Unless you need more heat SLI/Crossfire is lousy idea especially now because fastest models produce insane 70W of heat at idle. (your current 1900XTX idles somewhere around 35W, G80/8800GTX around 70W and R600/X2900 ain't much better)

And I think in your country there isn't cold enough for you to need any heating help.

Antec and the Coolermaster and I had a bad experience with Antec some time ago.
Older Antecs (which is only sticker) are definitely quite famous, CWT made TruePowers (new Trios are made by Seasonic) and SmartPowers are time bombs in general with high failure rate caused by capacitors "cooking up".