Sign in to follow this  
coolmiester

Project: Cosmos SLR

coolmiester    0

Had to dig deep today and after an 8 hour shift managed to get the other side panel finished which was a lot easier second time around as there wasn’t any trial and error, it was simply a case of copying the previous one in reverse so got that done then went onto polishing the two top grab handles and painted the bottom two matt black.

Anyway did a bit of a mock up to see how things were looking……..minus the front door as I left it at work and didn’t really want to go and collect it as I was covered in polish grime.

So at long last its starting to come together….

141.jpg

142.jpg

143.jpg

144.jpg

145.jpg

140.jpg

139.jpg

146.jpg

coolmiester    0

Just a quick teaser picture with the front door on before the Coolermaster closing date in a couple of :wink:

Suggestions appreciated and taken on board but I’ve still got to get a complete system in there so not sure I’ll have time for much more tbh

148.jpg

coolmiester    0

I see most of the finalists have updated their work logs so here goes mine also.

I hadn’t realised how far behind I was on this build till I started first thing on the final morning and by around tea time I was ready to throw the towel in as I really didn’t think it would be finished in time but after checking the CM site it looks like the dead line is November 1st 11:59pm…….¦..must have got my days mixed up or something :lol:

Anyway due to working against the clock I didn’t really get a chance to keep much of a log but here’s the end result.

Got all the water in and got the hard drive caddy’s painted which turned out giving a great contrast against the red so well pleased with the overall progress, oh and I did manage to sort the front input panel out after it was mentioned a couple of times so cut a new one from aluminium and polished it, also painted the mic/headphone inputs so thanks for pointing out the error of my ways.

Anyway thanks to everyone for the input and encouragement and who followed yet another journey plus a big thanks to those who voted for the Bit MOTM and the feature in Custom PC and basically just a BIG THANKS to Coolermaster for letting it happen and good luck to the other finalists and commiserations to those that didn’t quite make it.

I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves and be warned there are plenty of them……...

slr_forum_1.jpg

slr_forum_2.jpg

slr_forum_3.jpg

slr_forum_4.jpg

slr_forum_5.jpg

slr_forum_6.jpg

slr_forum_7.jpg

slr_forum_8.jpg

slr_forum_9.jpg

slr_forum_10.jpg

slr_forum_11.jpg

slr_forum_12.jpg

slr_forum_14.jpg

slr_forum_15.jpg

slr_forum_16.jpg

slr_forum_17.jpg

slr_forum_18.jpg

slr_forum_19.jpg

slr_forum_20.jpg

slr_forum_21.jpg

coolmiester    0
Hey CoolMiester... NIce job man..

and Congratulations !! :D

Much appreciated Mpovh, you’re a gentleman and a scholar and same back at ya for DRAGON

Good Luck 8)