Sign in to follow this  
coolmiester

Project: Cosmos SLR

TeamBeyond    0

that is amazing mate......really like your work.....i'm myself a big car freak....but more kind a Biker :P

the last thing i saw that was related to a Merc is this :

20sez45.jpg LOL

I really wish to see something related to Superbikes from you :)

hafiez    0

i like the truck mod very much,max. but i cant wait to see the finishing of this

wavemiester's cosmos transform into SLR. automos, transform.

coolmiester    0

Back to the centre console.

Got the aluminium mesh painted and all fitted up with the Vantec fan controller and Danger Den Fill Port so that’s as good as finished now.

Then onto finishing the exhausts – painted the cut out sections from the side panels in gloss black then clear coat then masked the exhausts up and painted the inside matt black to give the effect of carbon on a real exhaust which turned out great so mounted them to the freshly painted cut outs and bobs you uncle.

Hadn’t noticed till I was re-sizing the pictures but you can really see the shine/reflection in the silver paint work and that’s before its machine polished so another satisfying day all round………….and the clock keeps ticking

112.jpg

114.jpg

115.jpg

116.jpg

117.jpg

118.jpg

119.jpg

120.jpg

TeamBeyond    0

woot !

wow man thats awesome.....thanks lol

I really like your creativity :)

also saw some of your other mods....the Subaru one is also Kickass !

now waiting for this one to come out :)

Keep it up!

hed420    0

Man, I wish I could polish metal as good as you. Didn't you completely polish a CM Wave Master a few years back? I think I pm'ed you about it.

-=Draven=-    0

About those SLR exhausts. They look so sweet 8)

I also have an idea for you, it would be cool if they were actual exhausts, I mean that you would make a couple of holes and mount some exhaust fans behind the plate. You could use fans with diameter that matches the one on your exhaust.

Maybe it would be complicate things or not look as good, but it's just an idea to make it more interesting. :wink:

Anyways, keep up the good work, it looks great so far and I can't wait to see the rest.

coolmiester    0

Again, thanks everyone for the excellent feedback and comments 8)

Time creeps ever closer to CM the closing date so i got to get my skates on if i'm going to get finished in time.

Quite a bit to add but nothing real exciting so i'll try and make some sense of the progress.

First off got the back of the door painted in matt black and added some blow hole trim just to keep things looking tidy when the door is open:)

Then had to cut out the top of the Cosmos chassis and fabricate a grill/bracket type thing out of the waste aluminium from the window cut (waste not want not) to hold an X-Flow 250 radiator up top which was riveted into place then the whole chassis went off to powder coat in flame red similar to the SLR interior.

Chassis looks awesome so then it was onto chopping up the hard drive caddy so the 140mm fan could fit - so basically i've lost one which isn't much of a sacrifice really.

Just chopped out a bit of the centre section and added a couple of threaded rods with aluminium tubes slid over........which were polished so everything still looks cool.

And that's about it..........till next time

129.jpg

130.jpg

131.jpg

132.jpg

121.jpg

122.jpg

123.jpg

124.jpg

125.jpg

126.jpg

127.jpg

128.jpg

coolmiester    0

Nothing much of interest happening so just a quick update on mounting the chrome Black Ice GT and fans.

Nice to be able to see the fans through the vent on the back which i'll probably light up red maybe but the chrome and black against the red gives a great contrast.

133.jpg

134.jpg

135.jpg

136.jpg

137.jpg