Sign in to follow this  
Wacft

case materials

Wacft    0

ive been wondering why is it no one has ever tried an all copper computer case? im sure there are reasons and id love to know them.

BroChaos    0

that would be heavy....wouldn't it?

i think Al is a compromise between cooling properties and weight/strength properties. it would be nice if CM came out with some more all Al cases, since the praetorian won't be around much longer...it was such a nice case too...

praetorian 2?

Wacft    0

i guess the wait would be an issue. but that got me thinking, what about all copper mini pc cases to help with heat problems?

Infinity    0

Copper is too soft and would mark/scratch/crush/bend *very* easily. It also dosen't stay looking good for long without proper care and protection.

Mr. Miyagi    2
What you really want is diamond, it's strong and one of the best conductors of heat :)

Might be a *bit* on the pricey side though ;)

:lol: That would be one crazy case!

BroChaos    0

if i was a bling bling rapper, i'd have a custom diamond computer case, lol...and then i'd have my pimp mug with crunk in it sitting next to it.

no clue what i just said, lol :shock:

BroChaos    0

ok, new idea.

we need a case build out of that NASA stuff...i remember hearing about it when the ship crashed....

supposedly the material on the outside can heat up to like 12,000F and you can touch it with your bare hands...no idea how that works....

but seriously, i don't think anything beats aluminum in terms of strength, cost, and heat transfering properties...

/edit

actually, it's called HRSI tiles, and it can go up to 2,300 degrees, not 12,000...crazy stuff though...