Sign in to follow this  
Matthew

1000w Modulair - Weird Issue / DOA ? + ATX 2.2 and not 2.3

brumic    0

Hi all,

I have the same problem with Mathew, everything was pluged according to the instruction sticker on the PSU. The power just run like 1 second then turn everything off automatically. I changed back to my Thermaltake 850watt, then everything back to normal. This is my second PSU that i bought in 1 week. The first 1 was thermaltake toughpower1200watt, and it has problem as well, the PCI express connector seem like not compatible with my 8800gtx :(

My coolermaster 1000watt has the green, blue and black connectors and it doesn't has the 80plus sticker.

S/N RSA00ESBA1072700258, Australia type

Pls tell me what should i do.. :(

thanks in advance

my setup:

Coolermaster stacker 830

Q6600

Gigabyte N680i SLI DQ6

2x 8800GTX SLI

4GB Corsair 8500 dominator

2x Raptor 150gb RAID 0

vista ultimate 64bit

brumic    0

Sorry, forgot to ask this question on the previous thread. If the PSU come with the 80plus sticker, does it means there are no issue with the 680sli motherboard?

thanks

Maxession    1

Yes, the 80+ version has solved the problem it had with the 680 chipset.

You'll need to RMA it or try to exchange it at your shop for the 80+ version.

brumic    0
Yes, the 80+ version has solved the problem it had with the 680 chipset.

You'll need to RMA it or try to exchange it at your shop for the 80+ version.

Thanks Maxession,

could I just know what the procedure for RMA and how long should I wait for the replacement unit? I am from Melbourne, Australia. Just incase the reseller doesn't have it in stock.

cheers

knud    129

Just to correct things a bit:

The 850w & 1000w Real Power Modular don't have the 80plus sticker on it!

The first batch were only samples and only for review.

These item codes are it:

RS-850-ESBA

RS-A00-ESBA

These psu's are of a later date than the 2 below and did have the 80plus certificate right away.

The 850w & 1000w Real Power Pro (standard) should have the 80plus sticker in the latest batch.

Item codes:

RS-850-EMBA

RS-A00-EMBA

Matthew    0
Just to correct things a bit:

The 850w & 1000w Real Power Modular don't have the 80plus sticker on it!

The first batch were only samples and only for review.

These item codes are it:

RS-850-ESBA

RS-A00-ESBA

These psu's are of a later date than the 2 below and did have the 80plus certificate right away.

The 850w & 1000w Real Power Pro (standard) should have the 80plus sticker in the latest batch.

Item codes:

RS-850-EMBA

RS-A00-EMBA

So the Retail Modular PSU's which real customers should be receiving would look like this?:

RS-850-ESBA + ATX v2.3 + Blue&green Colored Connectors

RS-A00-ESBA + ATX v2.3 + Blue&green Colored Connectors

Matthew    0
Correct ;)

Thx. :)

Weird thing is that the "sample/review" versions still appear to be in the channel.

My first 1000w modular v2.2 has been replaced with the same model which also was a v2.2. I returned the replacement to my retailer as well because chances are slim that this one would work. 4launch will refund my account.

According to them it was not possible to obtain a v2.3 modular with colored connectors because they don't have control over what their supplier sends them.

Phoneing their supplier or Coolermaster supposedly would not help.

To me this is a pity because I really like the Coolermaster 1000w modular and am now stuck with my old PSU....... :cry:

Furthermore I think its a bad thing that apparently Coolermaster has PSU's in the channel which are sample/review ones.

Also, in this thread Realpower M850. PC won't start. Any advice please? one of the posters (brumic) seems to have a coldboot type of issue even with the v2.3 version of M1000watt.

Now this might be an isolated case but it might also be that there is still an issue out there with certain CM PSU's icw certain motherboards / chipsets, especially nforce 680 but probably also my nforce4.

It's dreadful to see an otherwise great PSU (see jonnyguru.com review) being plagued by this issue.