Sign in to follow this  
Matthew

1000w Modulair - Weird Issue / DOA ? + ATX 2.2 and not 2.3

Matthew    0

Just received my new Coolermaster 1000watt modulair PSU. Looks great but it doesn't work...

When I connect all connectors firmly into their sockets the fan spins up 1 second and then everything powers down.

Everything is clocked standard and running perfectly fine at the moment (and for the last two years) on my old Tagan 480watt -U22 PSU. No other components have been changed except for the PSU.

To me this is really weird. Never encountered this in my 15years of building pc's for myself. Normally a PSU is simply plug & play..

Anybody here who has an idea or seen this before?

Furhtermore, the website states that the PSU would be ATX v2.3, the one I got is version v2.2. Also the amperages are different on the website. So how is that possible? Is this a misprint on the website ?

Thx!

jer1cho    0

hey welcome :D

Is ur psu after a UPS? maybe the UPS doesn't provide enough power for it to operate, and maybe it has some fail-safe feature? :S I'm saying this cuz my enermax 850w did the same. the difference being that enermax scream at you from their internal buzzer.

Try also checking to see if u could draw some power from the molex, it may have a faulty transformer on the main circuit....although the voltages would be too small, so you will have to use a multimeter. Other than that i fear that it will have to be rma'd....which is too bad.

Matthew    0
hey welcome :D

Is ur psu after a UPS? maybe the UPS doesn't provide enough power for it to operate, and maybe it has some fail-safe feature? :S I'm saying this cuz my enermax 850w did the same. the difference being that enermax scream at you from their internal buzzer.

No, it plugs in straight to the wall socket so no UPS.

Furthermore after reading the following thread: http://www.coolermaster-europe.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5764&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15 I tried to push the powerbutton, quickly thereafter again and hold it which I had to try a few times. This made the PSU startup and I heard the hard drive boot however I got no image on my screen. It stayed black. (all connectors incl VGA are connected properly).

Then I hooked up my Tagan again and everything works again.

I get the feeling my PSU has a similar issue as the 850w had. Furthermore the box and PSU didn't have the 80plus logo and the PSU is ATX v2.2 as opposed to the website where it is ATX v2.3

Further info for this modulair 1000W PSU:

Product No: RS-A00-ESBA

S/N: RSA00ESBA1070200051

EU Type

EAN outside of US & Canada: 4719512005132

Hopefully some technician or representative of Coolermaster could reply here..... Thx. :D

Maxession    1

Normally it shouldn't be having the issue of the older 850 version, as the 1000W version was released with the newer 850W version.

And as nobody else seems to have this problem, I think it's your PSU which has a fault. (system works with the other PSU)

Bit strange you have a non 80+ V2.2 version, maybe it's a beta :?

Try powering on having only the PSU + mobo with CPU + GPU + 1 HD attached.

Matthew    0
Normally it shouldn't be having the issue of the older 850 version, as the 1000W version was released with the newer 850W version.

And as nobody else seems to have this problem, I think it's your PSU which has a fault. (system works with the other PSU)

Bit strange you have a non 80+ V2.2 version, maybe it's a beta :?

Try powering on having only the PSU + mobo with CPU + GPU + 1 HD attached.

Thx. Tried that as well with powerbutton trick, unfortunately still same result -> black screen.

Should beta's get out to real customers :?:roll:

Maxession    1

I'm not sure if it really is a beta, but those are sometimes send as review samples before they get released.

Where did you get the PSU from?

Matthew    0
I'm not sure if it really is a beta, but those are sometimes send as review samples before they get released.

Where did you get the PSU from?

Well it was in a sealed box like the ones pictured in this forum (however without 80plus sticker/picture) from a reputable online retailer in the Netherlands, "4launch". So then it would have to be a repacked beta by CM itself I guess..... :?

I have filed for RMA and will sent out the PSU today.

Would appreciate if someone could tell me whether the ATX v2.3 PSU (incl 80plus sticker) from Coolermaster are shipping in Europe/The Netherlands?

If they would sent me a replacement, such a version would improve the chance of having no problems I guess.

Ron    1

Hi Matthew,

Just been reading your post.

I have a question...

Does the PSU looks like on the picture?

Because if you dont have the black/blue/green connectors then its a sample version.

The current PSU is V2.3, some have no 80PLUS logo on it but thats just because they where shipped out before we got the certificate.

And if there are any further problems you can always contact our support@coolermaster.nl

Matthew    0
Hi Matthew,

Just been reading your post.

I have a question...

Does the PSU looks like on the picture?

Because if you dont have the black/blue/green connectors then its a sample version.

The current PSU is V2.3, some have no 80PLUS logo on it but thats just because they where shipped out before we got the certificate.

And if there are any further problems you can always contact our support@coolermaster.nl

Hi Ron,

Thx :)

No, I'm afraid the PSU only had black connectors :shock:

I'll await my retailers response and hopefully I will get a v2.3 with colored connectors and it will work with my setup because, after all, the PSU comes in a very well cared for box, looks great and has been tested very positively @ jonnyguru.com.

Since 4launch, afaik, has a good reputation this will probably work out.