Sign in to follow this  
PoiZen

Cooling / giving up

PoiZen    0

No, my system temps are below 30c, and I'm reading the temps via BIOS. I set the alarm to go off at 70c, and it beeps every day. Guess I'll set it at 80 and forget it.

I was reading somewhere yesterday that if the cpu temp is reporting 70c or higher, it woould be hot to the touch, so while it was running I carefully reached in and felt the side of the HS, it was actually just warm, not hot at all. While the BIOS flash did not change the temp reading, I have now concluded the MOB is for some reason misrepresenting the temp.

Mr. Miyagi    2

Well, that's good to hear that the heatsink isn't hot to the touch. It really does seem really high if your case is 30*c and your processor to be about 70*c. Even thought it would cost your mula, I suggest buying either of the Aerogates and use that for your temp. reading. Since you have the XP chip, you can place the thermal sensor right next to the core to recieve accurate readings. Just a suggestion. :D

Hybrid-Mods    0

hmm.. that is very bizarre.. Only thing i can think of that would cause this problem.. is the heat from the chip isn't getting to the heatsink all the way.. or just the bios has gone insane :mrgreen:

Karma Ghost    0
hmm..are blower fans really more effective than the normal fans?? for CPU cooling.

Conventional fans are unable to provide cool air to that spot in the center of the heatsink because of that piece of plastic in the middle. It give whats called a "hotspot" on the heatsink and it is usually in the worst possible place. So a blower would be really good for a heatsink.

But as well, the Dual Storm creates the same effect, only in a different way... the method of which escapes me at the moment. But it is able to cool a heatsink completely instead of just the outside portion.